Author Topic: Rosetta Stone software  (Read 934 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Rosetta Stone software
« on: June 15, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
Anybody familiar with this product?  My wife bought their Spanish package and I want to install it on a Windows 7 netbook.  I think it meets the minimum hardware requirements.  I see online that they do some kind of product activation.

1) Do you need an optical drive to run the program, or just to install it?  I have an external DVD drive, so installing is not a problem, but it's not portable.
2) If the netbook doesn't have adequate horsepower, will I be able to uninstall it and activate on a different computer?  (I don't just start out on the more powerful computer because I haven't bought it yet, and hopefully won't need to)

"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Rosetta Stone software
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
I have Rosetta Stone installed on my home PC.

You only need the discs for install, not running. The activation allows you to run RS on an iPad, as well.

I don't know about question 2.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Rosetta Stone software
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »
I'm installing it now; seems to be going okay, but I already don't like the software. 
1) It didn't ask which drive to install the software or language packs on, and it didn't let me even edit the directory path. 
2) I can't tell yet but it might not run on a limited user account unless I tell her my administrator password.  (that may just be when no language packs are loaded yet and it still needs to install stuff)

I guess they think they own the hardware.
"It's good, though..."