Author Topic: Confessions Of A Racist  (Read 2621 times)

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Confessions Of A Racist
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:45:19 PM »
My alter ego wrote a thing.

Reproduced here for folks to don't like clicking on things:

Confessions Of A Racist

By: Citizen Scribe

Hi, my name is Scribe, and I'm a racist.

I'm a racist because I oppose high taxes.

I'm a racist because I believe that the government should not control private businesses or private lives.

I'm a racist because I believe in the greatness of America, despite the blunders of those who govern her.

I'm a racist because I believe in the conservation of the Constitution.

I'm a racist because I detest communism and fascism and all other forms of total government.

I'm a racist because I believe that when someone identifies himself as an enemy, you should take him at his word.

I'm a racist because I believe that same principle applies to nations.

I'm a racist because I believe it is wrong to fund your enemies.

I'm a racist because I believe that "equality" applies to opportunity, not outcomes.

I'm a racist because I believe that "equality" applies to the application of laws, even to those who write them.

I'm a racist because I believe that a man's worth is found in what he produces, not in the amplitude of his emotions.

I'm a racist because I believe that what a man produces and earns belongs to him, and not to someone who claims to "need" it.

I'm a racist because I believe that it is wrong to confiscate a man's earnings because you think you'll spend it better than he will.

I'm a racist because I believe that the sole purpose of education should be to effect competence in life, and not to inculcate a belief system.

I'm a racist because I want my leaders and legislators to tell the truth and keep their promises.

I'm a racist because I believe that art should serve morality and decency, not strive to tear them down.

Mostly, though, I'm a racist because I believe that color doesn't matter and that character is everything.

I realize that my racism is a serious character flaw, and I'm working on it. Trouble is, every time I look at history and realize the horrific damage done by governments seeking to control everything, I find at least one more thing to be racist about.

In fact, I'm only now beginning to realize how racist it is for me to believe that God is not a sub-atomic particle.

*Sigh*

I guess the only comfort I'm going to find is among other racists like myself.

(The sub-atomic particle remark comes from a recent article lamenting the fact that scientists had still not managed to nail down the "god particle" in their collider experiments.)

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Confessions Of A Racist
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 11:48:58 PM »
I though this was going to be a recent Fred Reed article.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 11:50:42 PM »

I thought it would be from that lizard girl.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:57:05 PM »
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 12:10:06 AM »

Found it ...

http://lewrockwell.com/reed/reed237.html

Or maybe the original itself?

Yeah, since writing that, I've been directed to a number of other "I'm a racist" articles.

Mine doesn't have the snark quotient of some, but it's fairly terse and clear.  It's not that far removed from a sort of "You might be a racist if . . ." template.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 12:39:57 AM »
(The sub-atomic particle remark comes from a recent article lamenting the fact that scientists had still not managed to nail down the "god particle" in their collider experiments.)

It's the idiot reporters that keep referring to it as "the god particle". The scientists involved absolutely hate that term.

(I heard that the way it got that name was that a scientist called it "the goddamn particle" because it's been so hard to find, but that the "damn" part was edited out, accidentally leaving the "god" part. Don't know how true that story is, though).
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• friend

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
Don't tell him the answer. He'll never learn to cipher that-a-way.