Author Topic: Attack of the 1970s fashions  (Read 5251 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Attack of the 1970s fashions
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »
Jumpsuits failed to address the problem of taking a dump when you're pogosticking your way to the john.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »
You can't see the back.  It might have a flap.  And a bunny tail.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
You can't see the back.  It might have a flap.  And a bunny tail.

Please stop. Describe no further horrors.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »
Did somebody say jumpsuit?

"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

zahc

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 11:32:01 PM »
I know nothing about fashion. But I have noticed that 60s/70s that women stopped chopping off their hair and that, to me, is a Good Thing. I could care less about clothes.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »
Quote from: zahc link=topic=35261.msg
707334#msg707334 date=1342323121
I know nothing about fashion. But I have noticed that 60s/70s that women stopped chopping off their hair and that, to me, is a Good Thing. I could care less about clothes.

Long-haired women with no clothes  :cool:

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »
Long-haired women with no clothes  :cool:

=D
Hey, I've seen that movie...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »
I am at a buffet.  Basically, every young person and most of the older folks are wearing some version of a t-shirt and jeans/pants.  Nowhere near as weird as 1970's apparel, except for ghetto fabulous.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
Jeans and t-shirts with gym/running shoes became fashionable in the 70's. I remember being upset with my friend when he started wearing that. I thought he looked like a slob.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »
Remember when blue jeans and white t-shirts were standard for men working outdoors in hot weather?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »
When I grow old and retire, I dream of purchasing a pair of Sears coveralls for the adornment of my body whilst puttering around the house.

I shall even pop for the embroidered anchor on the chest pocket.

And then I will spend my Saturday afternoons strolling around the front lawn with a Chase & Sanborn coffee can in one hand, and a forked weeding tool in the other.

Listening to Vin Scully on the transistor radio, of course.

Sawwhois51todaydust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 01:24:34 PM »
Sawwhois51todaydust

And you do not already have your AARP membership number on your very own membership card?

Do you want the tiny radio that gets crammed in your ear, or the calculator that does not work?  We need to know so we can call in your membership application.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 03:34:35 PM »
When I grow old and retire, I dream of purchasing a pair of Sears coveralls for the adornment of my body whilst puttering around the house.

I shall even pop for the embroidered anchor on the chest pocket.

And then I will spend my Saturday afternoons strolling around the front lawn with a Chase & Sanborn coffee can in one hand, and a forked weeding tool in the other.

Listening to Vin Scully on the transistor radio, of course.

Sawwhois51todaydust
Make sure it has a hood also.

I have a few pair of fire retardant coveralls for work.  Coveralls don't fit me too well.  They are either too long head-to-toe or too short head-to-crotch.  I've noticed that for most people, they either fit well or they don't.  They make fire retardant blue jeans and shirts which is what I normally wear. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
There was a time that I wore coveralls for work a lot.  I liked the fact that I could peel them off down to t-shirt and cut-offs when I wasn't working. :)