Author Topic: Longmire dialog  (Read 15739 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Longmire dialog
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2015, 10:55:41 PM »
Just finished episode 9, so....

Saving 10 for tomorrow, so....um..I..um..um..I, so, um. =D =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2015, 12:46:40 AM »
"The Calling Back" (Ep. 6) was a hard pill. Men shouldn't do that, and men should prevent animals from doing it.

Did anyone else notice the really surprising cameo in #7 (Highway Robbery)? Sometimes I scare myself. ;)
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2015, 07:45:28 PM »
Just finished Season 4, Episode 10.  There had damned well better be a Season 5.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2015, 05:45:15 PM »
Longmire has been renewed by Netflix.  Season 5 will start airing in September 2016.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2015, 06:13:58 PM »
Longmire has been renewed by Netflix.  Season 5 will start airing in September 2016.

Woohoo (other than the wait)!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »
Yay!!!
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2015, 08:56:14 PM »
That's great!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2015, 10:52:49 PM »

I am in with that! The problem with NetFlix is, all the episodes are available at one time. I was through all in one sitting! Yay for Netflix!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2016, 07:05:01 AM »
"You are like a freaking four year old."  Vic
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2016, 07:38:21 AM »
Season 5 is on Netflix now.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2016, 08:17:31 AM »
Season 5 is on Netflix now.

Just watched S5E1 this morning ;)
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2016, 10:36:09 AM »
Dammit - it came out a day early. Now I have to avoid this thread until next week when I can binge it.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2016, 11:31:05 PM »
So just finished Season 5. Without getting into spoilers, while I still love the series, I didn't think Season 5 was as good as previous seasons. Some great scenes certainly. One of the things that bugged me though is they seemed to be sending Walt off the deep end a bit. I'm almost feeling sympathy for Nighthorse.

Longmire is already a flawed hero - we see that in Season 1, episode 1. No reason to turn him into a lunatic. Maybe the next to last scene in episode 10 with the smarmy lawyer will snap Walt out of it. Leave Walt alone, writers.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2016, 06:16:07 AM »
There is already word leaking out that Netflix wants season six to be the last for Longmire.  I wonder if they are trying to kill off interest in the program?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2016, 10:43:01 AM »
There is already word leaking out that Netflix wants season six to be the last for Longmire.  I wonder if they are trying to kill off interest in the program?

That would suck. A show has to end sometime, and if it's season 6 so be it, but the least they could do is end it well, as was done with Justified.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2016, 07:17:09 PM »

I think I would be happy with a sixth and final season. They've already covered a lot of material. You can only send characters off the cliff so many times before the suspension of disbelief loses its elasticity.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2016, 10:23:46 PM »
You can only have so many murders in a small rural county before people start wondering how it still has enough people to keep going.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2016, 12:24:32 AM »
Back to the quotes:

"Enjoy the fish."
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Longmire dialog
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2016, 01:09:37 AM »
You can only have so many murders in a small rural county before people start wondering how it still has enough people to keep going.
Never stopped Jessica Fletcher.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2016, 09:56:55 AM »
I've read a bunch of the books.  They haven't even gotten around to Cady's new love interest.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »
I've read a bunch of the books.  They haven't even gotten around to Cady's new love interest.

I've read all but the current book. They haven't gotten around to a lot of stuff. :)

I think so far they may have pulled maybe a half dozen parts / ideas from the book to use as an episode. More so in the first few seasons. I don't think there is anything in the Netflix seasons from the books. Heck, they even had a chance to introduce Double Tough and Sancho as new deputies when they did the deputy search last season, but went in a completely different direction, even though those guys are in most of the books.

Also Henry is never a "bad guy" to Walt in the books. He's always the good part of Walt's conscience and Johnny on the spot whenever Walt needs him.