Author Topic: Another treaty to watch out for  (Read 1182 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Another treaty to watch out for
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »
http://www.masterresource.org/2012/07/will-u-s-sovereignty-be-lost-at-sea/#more-20568

The U.S. would have one vote out of 160 regarding where the money would go, and be obligated to hand over offshore drilling technology to any nation that wants it… for free.

Really? Is there any one on the boards who has more info? Or will be directly affected?

Because if it was written by a Marxist and supported by Democrats there is no way it can be a good idea even if the USN is supporting it.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Another treaty to watch out for
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:54:04 PM »
Last I heard it was DIW, so to speak.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:24:41 AM »
Last I heard it was DIW, so to speak.

Last I read they lacked only one vote in the Senate to ratify.  Not too dead in the water if they can get someone to swing the other way.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 05:56:23 AM »
I've come to expect support of an anti-American agenda from Democrats, but I understand there are Republicans supporting this <expletive> too.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
LAW OF THE SEA TREATY?
 ;/

This has been around since Reagan was president.
There's a story about Reagan being handed the treaty.  He said he wasn't going to sign the *expletive deleted* thing.  The state department flunkie who'd handed him it said he had to since they'd put so much work into it. 
Reagan reamed that state department flunkie like no one would believe.

But like a bad penny, here it is again......this time with a bad president, to boot.......... :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »
Is that anything like Tuna of the Sea Treaty?

An L.A. Times op-ed from Ed Meese, attorney general under Reagan...

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-meese-law-of-the-sea-20120605,0,6473043.story
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:27:17 PM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.