Author Topic: Bloomberg Wants Hospitals to Lock Up the Baby Formula  (Read 7980 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Bloomberg Wants Hospitals to Lock Up the Baby Formula
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

-C.S. Lewis
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 07:45:08 PM »
Here ya go, Ben
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences. - C.S. Lewis
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 09:24:36 AM »
What about the instance where the mother wants to breastfeed, but for one reason or another is unable to?  Are they going to have to get the speech on "Why you should breastfeed..." then? 
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 10:37:32 AM »
What about the instance where the mother wants to breastfeed, but for one reason or another is unable to?  Are they going to have to get the speech on "Why you should breastfeed..." then? 

That happens often. Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both the baby and the mother.  My wife had trouble initially, so our newborn daughter got formula first.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 08:03:17 PM »
That happens often. Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both the baby and the mother.  My wife had trouble initially, so our newborn daughter got formula first.

Wish I had even been able to try for the skill.  No such luck.
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »

Formula or even sugar water from a bottle can spoil the baby's desire to suck  =(

Sorta like giving a kid cookies and ice cream before dinner and expecting him to eat his vegetables  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 08:35:56 AM »
Maybe, but a very hungry baby is harder to work with. A hungry baby is stressed, which tends to make the mother stressed, which reduces breast milk flow.  When both mother and baby are relaxed, breast feeding is easier for both. So, formula is used to take the edge off the baby's hunger so she can breast feed easier. After our daughter had her first meal, she was relaxed and happy. That made mom relax. After that, breast feeding went much smoother.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 10:45:36 AM »
Maybe, but a very hungry baby is harder to work with. A hungry baby is stressed, which tends to make the mother stressed, which reduces breast milk flow.  When both mother and baby are relaxed, breast feeding is easier for both. So, formula is used to take the edge off the baby's hunger so she can breast feed easier. After our daughter had her first meal, she was relaxed and happy. That made mom relax. After that, breast feeding went much smoother.

I'm glad it worked out for you all  =)

It's a pretty sore point for me, because our first daughter was born early and small, and because of all the glucose water the hospital staff gave to her didn't get the colostrum that she should have.  She died of a sudden infection about a week later. :(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »
Tell me they won't have to breastfeed until the "child" is 26.
Only in a metaphorical sense. Once weaned from parents, the "child" can then latch onto government.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama