Author Topic: Bloomberg Wants Hospitals to Lock Up the Baby Formula  (Read 7979 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bloomberg Wants Hospitals to Lock Up the Baby Formula
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
This guy never quits. Apparently this won't be a city ordinance, but rather a "recommendation".

When are people in NYC finally going to realize that this guy is not much different than Hugo Chavez or Inka Dink in North Korea? If he was a leader in one of the less enlightened Third World countries, I shudder to think at what he would enforce and what the punishments would be. He really is a megalomaniac.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/29/nyc-mayor-wants-hospitals-to-lock-up-baby-formula-to-encourage-breast-feeding/?test=latestnews

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Next lunacy from NYC: Hospitals not to push baby formula
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mayor_knows_breast_WqU1iYRQvwbEkDuvn0vb1H

Nanny City NYC is now pushing hospitals to lock up their baby formula, so more new mothers will breast-feed.  It is a voluntary program that 27 of the 40 hospitals in NYC have signed on to.  The participating hospitals have to give up the swag bags and related items for new moms and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.  Under the program, the hospitals will keep the formula in out-of-the-way secure storerooms or in locked boxes like those used to dispense and track medications.  Formula will not be denied, but for each bottle a mom requests she will get a talking to explaining why she should breast feed.

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Bloomberg Wants Hospitals to Lock Up the Baby Formula
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
I posted the same thing but Ben beat me by 2 minutes, so the threads have been merged.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:23:38 AM »
Under Latch On NYC, new mothers who want formula won’t be denied it, but hospitals will keep infant formula in out-of-the-way secure storerooms or in locked boxes like those used to dispense and track medications.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/29/nyc-mayor-wants-hospitals-to-lock-up-baby-formula-to-encourage-breast-feeding/?test=latestnews#ixzz227EkZ5J0

Hopefully this will prevent the rash of formula thefts by crazed moms we've heard so much about in the news lately.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Next lunacy from NYC: Hospitals not to push baby formula
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 10:30:43 AM »
document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

"The baby was hungry, you twittering half-wit!"
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »
When do we see the Wet-Nurse Investment Act?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »
Think of how much money the state will save by rationing baby formula.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
Could you imagine going to a hospital outside of NYC? I bet they have children just dying in the hallways, without Bloomberg there to protect them.

We should just close down all those flyover hospitals.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:21 PM »
Of course, now that we are steering newmommy toward breastfeeding, we have an entre into regulating her diet, to ensure the breastmilk is of adequate nutritional quality.... :police:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »
Wait, what?

*sigh*

More coercion and propaganda to make sure that you pick the right choice, as determined by some committee somewhere.  Like every anti-freedom act, I'm sure there is a interest group cheering it on.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »
Maybe it's something they're putting in the water there . . . I remember when Chuckie Schumer wanted to hold congressional hearings on the rising cost of corn flakes.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 05:46:10 PM »
Once Obamacare is implemented, mothers will WANT to breast feed babys.  Besides being more healthy, it will save you money on your mandantory insurance.  See, win-win.  Plus we can take the money from the evil rich we save and fix the economy.  Everybody will be happy ;/
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »
Tell me they won't have to breastfeed until the "child" is 26.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:25:05 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »
Well, this is a switch from the 1980s when hospital staff actively sabotaged women who tried to breastfeed ...  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 12:37:40 AM »
Well, this is a switch from the 1980s when hospital staff actively sabotaged women who tried to breastfeed ...  :facepalm:

How the **** did they do THAT?? [tinfoil] ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 04:23:31 AM »
So he's a doctor now?
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 06:36:39 AM »
So he's a doctor now?

No! He is much more than that. He is all-knowing, (hopes to be) all-powerful, magnanimous, handsome, virile, and caring. None can compare to Him!!!

<SLAP>

Oh, thanks.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 08:05:37 AM »
So he's a doctor now?

No no no no no. He's not some money-grubbing capitalist who prefers to cut off someone's foot instead of give him some cheap antibiotics. He's BEYOND capitalism now. Higher. Better. He's a politician.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »
How the **** did they do THAT?? [tinfoil] ???

Feeding the baby from a bottle before letting mom have a chance to breastfeed  :mad:

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 01:00:01 PM »
No! He is much more than that. He is all-knowing, (hopes to be) all-powerful, magnanimous, handsome, virile, and caring. None can compare to Him!!!

<SLAP>

Oh, thanks.

Little Jehovah?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »
Bloomberg's philosophy is simple: "I own your ass"  :police:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 03:12:16 PM »
War on women, anyone?

[stolen from Dana Loesch]

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
On the one hand, breastfeeding is far healthier for the baby, as even the formula companies themselves have to admit. And I agree that the fact that hospitals whore themselves out to the formula companies and frequently give advice that is against the medical interest of their patients to be shameful. I fully support hospitals being pressured by their patients and changing their ways in this regard.

On the other hand, it's is abso-f***ing-lutely not the .gov's place to get involved in that discussion. Bloomberg really is a wanna-be dictator, and all "for your own good."
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 03:42:41 PM »
Abortion yes! Formula no!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 03:51:03 PM »
On the other hand, it's is abso-f***ing-lutely not the .gov's place to get involved in that discussion. Bloomberg really is a wanna-be dictator, and all "for your own good."

Yup, no doubt that the natural stuff is most of the time the best stuff.

I find it more irritating when someone demands that we do something that I actually agree with them on versus when they try to force something on us that I don't give a damn about.

What's that quote about benevolent dictators being the worst kind?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."