Author Topic: 2016  (Read 1140 times)

longeyes

• friend
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
Who has seen it?  Thoughts?

I saw it last night in Burbank.  I thought it was a well-meaning, well-crafted presentation of D'Souza's thesis that Obama doesn't like America and is obsessed with the anti-colonial agenda of his father.  That thesis is compelling and persuasive.  It makes Obama's otherwise "odd" behavior explicable.

What the movie doesn't do or try to do is explain, though, is OBAMAISM.  This is, ultimately, a bigger and more important subject.  Obama didn't get here by myself and his power is not in himself but in his supporters, not just the legions who pull the lever for him but the more shadowy power-brokers who have been his "angels" all along.

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
I anxiously await it popping up at a local theater .... or a DVD release which might be more convenient than driving 187 miles to see it in a not-so-local theater ...... [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »
There were maybe 150 people in the theater for a 6:45p showing.  Not bad on a Tuesday.  But I have to question whether this is really the distribution means of choice at this point for films of this type.  Too bad it's not on HBO.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:26:18 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.  If it actually showed up at the local theatre there would probably be a riot and the building would get burned down.  Of course I do live in ultra tolerant NORCAL.  ;/

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »
Read about it and realized it was a vehicle for Dnesh Dsouza's book on Obama.

Funny thing, Dsouza's book was mostly a repackaging of Steve Sailer's America's Half-Blood Prince: Barack Obama's "Story of Race and Inheritance"
http://www.lulu.com/shop/steve-sailer/americas-half-blood-prince-barack-obamas-story-of-race-and-inheritance/paperback/product-4054093.html;jsessionid=4F4AC89C44792A98160925364211D124

Sadly, for Steve, Dnesh has the hand gesture of respectability:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCrMEOqHpc

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »
Glad you mentioned Steve Sailer.  He has been a shining light for years, toiling on the margins.  He deserves more attention.  Of course his message doesn't conform too well with the mainstream wisdom.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.