Author Topic: State of Decay Video Game  (Read 805 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
State of Decay Video Game
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: State of Decay Video Game
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 06:06:47 PM »
A very interesting take on moving zombie killing games to the next level.  I'll look at the site in more detail when I have some time this weekend.  A quick skim didn't reveal anything obvious about release dates or trial versions.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
DO
WANT
ZOMG!
And, available for Xbox!

One of the types of games I've been wanting for awhile is a freeplay zombie killer.  I'd also like a freeplay end of the world game.  Something unstructured and open ended.  Fallout was fun but I'd like something more open ended and larger scale. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »
Then you should check out the ARMA 2 zombie mods. Day Z seems to be the more popular one, although there are quite a few.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 07:13:29 AM »
For Xbox?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
Pretty sure it's PC only.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »
Pretty sure it's PC only.

Well what good are you?
JD

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 07:18:16 PM »
I think you should move over to the dark side.  Ditch the pansybox.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 09:26:48 PM »
I think you should move over to the dark side.  Ditch the pansybox.
With much reluctance (because to do so makes me a hypocrite) I'm going to have to hit "agree".
I haven't touched my Xbox since I got my new laptop, other than to play video on Hulu.

13 years of titles since I had my last gaming rig. That's a lot of content to explore.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 09:53:22 PM »
I'd rather not need to buy or build an expensive computer every few years just to keep up.  That's why I ditched PC gaming to begin with.
JD

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
I understand, and if my track record is any use/remotely accurate, I'll most likely game on the next couple gens xbox and buy my next laptop/pc in 2025. =D
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot