Author Topic: Ron Paul Tampa speech  (Read 4458 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Ron Paul Tampa speech
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
Ron Paul's Tampa speech at the University of South Florida's Sun Dome. No way he would have been given the opportunity to say these things at the RNC.

Full Speech  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Lx88PwEWo

Excerpts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhYOsTsrs-E
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

longeyes

• friend
Re: Ron Paul Tampa speech
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:41:30 PM »
If what I'm hearing is right about the proposed RNC rule changes, backed by Romney and Rove, Paul is about to be written out of the Party along with anyone else whose hearts do not beat in the Neo-Con rhythm.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:57:01 PM »
If what I'm hearing is right about the proposed RNC rule changes, backed by Romney and Rove, Paul is about to be written out of the Party along with anyone else whose hearts do not beat in the Neo-Con rhythm.

The Romney-o-cons seem determined to piss off at least a quarter of the Republican Party.   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:55 AM »
Paul is about to be written out of the Party along with anyone else whose hearts do not beat in the Neo-Con rhythm.

And does this surprise anyone? They've been trying to get rid of actual conservatives for a long time...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 01:18:45 PM »
Rush just put it all in a nutshell: "The Republic Party is a business."

And there's no room for the average guy to run this mega-corporation called the Republican Party.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
Your vote counts, so long as you voted the way we wanted?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »
I understand that Rand Paul is going to be giving a speech at the convention on Wednesday.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »
I am very curious as to what he will say. I would hope he drops a political bomb of some sort, some undeniable, feather-rustling comment about how lopsided and misguided the party has become, but then again I think he really wants a bright future within the party and will appease those who are currently calling the shots.

Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, "considering" talking about implementing the Gold Standard.... these all strike me as tactical feigns; shiny stickers to pull in all those disillusioned conservatives, independents, Ron Paul people and others who see Romney for everything he is NOT, and get them to support the ticket regardless of their loathing for the GOP handpicked nominee.

I mean WHO actually likes Mitt Romney?

(Mitt, put your hand down!)

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »

(Mitt, put your hand down!)

Did you notice?  Even HE hesitated.
"It's good, though..."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »
The Romney-o-cons seem determined to piss off at least a quarter of the Republican Party.   ;/
Then factor in the moderates, Independents, women, Latinos, and blue collar folks.

Not many people left, are there?

Seems like they are doing their best to throw the election.......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »

Seems like they are doing their best to throw the election

I've been saying that for a while.  Not sure what they are up to...
"It's good, though..."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 04:19:18 PM »
I've been saying that for a while.  Not sure what they are up to...
Yes, I have seen this in your posts. I fear that the recent Stoopid Party labels might be accurate.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »

Irrelevant.

Repeat after me: "Romney is not Obama."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »
Rush gave his view of what the GOP honchos are up to.  They are not convinced Romney can/will win.  They are setting themselves up for 2016.  And, big one, they do not share the view of most on this Forum that this election is going to be "a defining moment" for the Republic.  They see it as just another election, business as usual, survivable for those with the right cover and connections.

Are they deluded?  Many of us might say so.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »
Irrelevant.

Repeat after me: "Romney is not Obama."

have you looked at massachusets?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
Rush gave his view of what the GOP honchos are up to.  They are not convinced Romney can/will win.  They are setting themselves up for 2016.  And, big one, they do not share the view of most on this Forum that this election is going to be "a defining moment" for the Republic.  They see it as just another election, business as usual, survivable for those with the right cover and connections.

Are they deluded?  Many of us might say so.

Reagan in '80 this ain't.  I don't view this election as a historic watershed/turning point/tipping point election.  Business as usual, just another election.  The folks with the R. behind their name would be marginally better than the D.s.   Gyrating blindly to the edge of the abyss.

"He's not 0bama" -- there is certainly something to be said for that.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 09:43:51 PM »
It will be business as usual - The slime will continue to thrive.

Congress will be interesting, though.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 10:34:07 PM »
But Ann Romey looks great and I vote for her to be Homecoming Queen.  What else matters? 
The Romneys are winners...not losers like R. Paul, who probably left the High School dance alone.
I already hate this election...were all losers after this.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »
It might be that the GOP is leaking voters fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cfklEHMLJQ

He did make an interesting comparison... if the Republican party is indeed solidifying into a Top down organization, where policy and voting is practically dictated and dissent is censored, where does that lead us?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
"Delegates from Nevada tried to nominate Mr. Paul from the floor, submitting petitions from their own state as well as Minnesota, Maine, Iowa, Oregon, Alaska and the Virgin Islands. That should have done the trick: Rules require signatures from just five states. But the party changed the rules on the spot. Henceforth, delegates must gather petitions from eight states." --The New York Times

Disrespected me and my state delegates at the convention, and now Paul Ryan sends me an email wanting me to send a donation to "Romney Victory, Inc."

I don't think so. Homey don't play that. 

*expletive deleted* Romney.
"It's good, though..."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »
I'm less than impressed at the convention manuevers, but bear in mind it's all been scripted at both conventions for a very long time.

Everyone frothing with Romneyhate, good luck. You are NEVER going to get a candidate that satisfies all your pet social conservative penchants. You will get 4 more years of Obama. And maybe I'm double layered with reynolds but I don't think power will be relinquished. Expect to see attacks on private retirement, private guns, private everything. More voter dilution, no more electoral college and a loaded supreme court. Feel free to be done with Romney, but let us know how you feel about your tacit vote for Obama in 4 years.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »
Thing is, all those bad things people see happening under Obama... I don't see Romney going the opposite direction. I am CERTAIN that under BOTH candidates individual freedoms will continue to be attacked in the name of security, the National debt will continue to explode, systemic financial fraud will continue to be protected, plentiful wars will be had. And the Constitution will still be hanging on the toilet paper dispenser while we become powerless subjects of a bloated, hijacked State that does nothing more than harvest our labor for the benefit of a revolving set of special interests.

Romney is a completely insufficient alternative considering the current state of the Republic. He stands for nothing and is no leader. He is just an illusion of choice. A distraction. Is that all the Republican party has to offer?

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
Thing is, all those bad things people see happening under Obama... I don't see Romney going the opposite direction. I am CERTAIN that under BOTH candidates individual freedoms will continue to be attacked in the name of security, the National debt will continue to explode, systemic financial fraud will continue to be protected, plentiful wars will be had. And the Constitution will still be hanging on the toilet paper dispenser while we become powerless subjects of a bloated, hijacked State that does nothing more than harvest our labor for the benefit of a revolving set of special interests.

Romney is a completely insufficient alternative considering the current state of the Republic. He stands for nothing and is no leader. He is just an illusion of choice. A distraction. Is that all the Republican party has to offer?

Hear, hear!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 09:04:21 PM »
And this:  [ar15]

Ron, Carol, and one of their granddaughters left the GOP snake pit yesterday afternoon, but the State was not yet through with them. At the little airport in Clearwater, 8 TSA agents descended on them and ordered them not to board their private plane. First, the pilots, the airplane, and the passengers would have to be screened in great detail, because Romney might be nearby. After a long examination of the pilots and their credentials, the agents said they had to check the plane for explosives. One of the pilots noted that the plane, full of gas, was already a bomb. Then Carol Paul, who has a heart pacemaker, refused to be screened, and an aide started taking video of the whole rotten proceeding. At that point, the TSA backed down and let them through.

August 29, 2012

Copyright © 2012 by LewRockwell.com. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit is given.

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
Is he suggesting that the GOP somehow ordered the TSA to harass Ron?