Author Topic: Spotted: The new Cindy Sheehan  (Read 661 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Spotted: The new Cindy Sheehan
« on: June 20, 2006, 03:00:01 AM »
Just saw a little of the Today show and apparently they don't need Katie to run an agenda. They had an uncle of one of the abducted soldiers on the show saying that the U.S. should have immediately offered a "$100 million reward and offered to release 2500 Iraqi detainees in exchange for the two soldiers".  Apparently the Iraqi detainees are a group are soon to be released by the Iraqi gov't. I find it interesting that given the timeline of the news that the soldier's bodies were found that it is obvious the interview was scheduled before knowledge of that report. I predict we will see more of this guy soon. Matt Lauer did a pretty good job of kicking the guy around on the don't negotiate with terrorist point, but this guy is either set up with some moveon.org bunch, or soon will be.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 04:45:04 AM »
Oy.  Just what we need, another national whiner.

Yeah, sure.  Lets offer the terrorists milk and cookies and maybe the Empire State Building if they'll just promise to leave us alone.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 04:59:37 AM »
As much as I dislike the "Good Today Morning Show America," I doubt that interview was staged or otherwise set-up to showcase that man's views.

The reason behind a TV show's actions can usually be traced to one thing: money.  The hot topic right now is the missing soldiers, specifically, and the war in general.  If the Today show can get higher ratings by having a family member on the show, then the network can charge more for the commercial time.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 08:39:29 AM »
Quote from: Fly320s
The reason behind a TV show's actions can usually be traced to one thing: money.
True, but the leftist slant is pretty compelling for these people.  Think of the buzz (and advertising dollars) they could generate if they did a better job of covering Democrat scandals and American successes in Iraq.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »
While I disagree totally with the Uncle's idea for ransom, I can at least believe he was distraught and not thinking clearly. Yeah, that's it...distraught and not thinking clearly.

TC
TC
RT Refugee