Author Topic: My name is fistful and I have a drinking problem  (Read 2426 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
My name is fistful and I have a drinking problem
« on: August 31, 2012, 11:31:01 PM »
I've been drinking a lot, lately. Mainly grapefruit juice, lemonade and milk. I just can't get enough. What does that mean?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: My name is fistful and I have a drinking problem
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »
Diabetes  ???

=|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:46 PM »
You probably don't drink enough water so you are drinking fluids you enjoy when you are thirsty.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 11:55:14 PM »
Seriously, sounds about right. MOAR WATER NAOW!!!!
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:56:02 PM »
I've been drinking a lot, lately. Mainly grapefruit juice, lemonade and milk. I just can't get enough. What does that mean?

It means you would be a terrible bartender. That drink sounds nasty.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 12:05:06 AM »
You have scurvy?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »
It means you would be a terrible bartender. That drink sounds nasty.

=D

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 12:10:03 AM »
You need a mixer. Any of those except the milk would go good with vodka, tequila, or rum.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »
Now Pineapple-Lemon juice combo is a winner. The one gives the sweetness, the other gives it a refreshing edge..

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 01:29:39 AM »
Mainly grapefruit juice, lemonade and milk.

Who the *expletive deleted*ck are you? Pat Boone? ;)

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 01:45:34 AM »
It's your own fault.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 04:59:39 AM »
Seriously, dude, get your blood sugar checked ASAP - like yesterday.

Excessive thirst is the BIG warning sign of diateetus (high blood sugar).  Passing out is the sign of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

Nowadays they can do a lot with magic pills, rather than starting you off with the junkie alibi kit.

Get checked out now, before you end up on TV hustling Medicare patients for their last penny.  They say high blood sugar can have serious side effects such as killing off brain cells.  Fortnately that is one worry you will not have to face.  But it could impact your ability to properly maintain The Mall of The Americas.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 06:08:37 AM »
Who the *expletive deleted* are you? Pat Boone? ;)
Nope - Euell Gibbons.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »
Just thirst in general or thirsty specifically for sugary stuff? Both are a sign to get yourself in to the doc so they can check out your glucose levels and how your body is processing sugar. Simple test really, assuming they do the most likely one. They'll give you a big bottle of something that tastes like really sweet gatoraid or orange soda, not let you eat anything or leave the lab, and check your glucose at the start of the test and then every hour for five hours or until they have to stop the test. Time consuming, but not to bad. Bring a big book that you wont get board reading.

If you have diabetes or pre diabetes that isn't being treated, you either have insufficient insulin production (type 1) to process the glucose in your blood or you have plenty of insulin but your cells have lost sensitivity to it (type 2). The main results are similar, you can't process the glucose into your cells so it results in high blood sugar. Primarily in type 1, but also possible in type 2, at high enough levels you also can develop diabetic ketoacidosis which can be more immediately bad juju. In this possibility, drinking sugary stuff is a BAD IDEA. Either way, proper diet and medication means it's becoming an increasingly manageable disease if the patient does their part and doesn't ignore it.

If you are getting jittery, tired, sudden extreme hunger or craving for sugar, etc. that can be a sign of hypoglycemia/reactive hypoglycemia. In short terms, kind of the exact opposite of diabetes. In this possibility, you're either producing to much insulin or your cells have developed a hyper sensitivity to insulin meaning you burn through glucose very fast. Typically, someone with this condition can expect to start experiencing low blood glucose levels 2-3 hours after eating. Once it's caught treatment is fairly simple- eat every couple of hours with a good balance of carbs and protein, no meds needed and minimal finger poking. I was diagnosed with this a couple of months ago and it's not so bad once the doc give you the run down and you know how to deal with it. A might inconvenient, but manageable. Though that test I mentioned? It'll be a big less fun. Because it WILL induce a glucose crash. A rather more dramatic then normal one, that comes on out of no where as you've been fed straight glucose with no protein to help moderate it. On the bright side a bunch of cute nurses will suddenly flock around you with glucose tablets, offering all sorts of yummy fresh baked goods, and one particularly cute one will even offer to swipe you a sammich from the cafeteria. They will then keep you company and engage you in polite conversation while you enjoy this new found bounty. Or they could just be making sure you don't pass out try to sue them while checking your levels every five minutes waiting for you to hit 70 so they can kick you out for being a jackass and not telling them that you were starting to feel funny, but I digress.

Or, another likely cause. It's the middle of summer and you're just thirsty. In this case you'll just be mildly annoyed you were denied your morning coffee, have had nothing to eat all morning, and you're arm has a bunch of extra holes for no good reason. Better safe then sorry.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »
Nope - Euell Gibbons.

OMG! Hide yer pine trees!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »
OMG! Hide yer pine trees!
Hah! Another old dog who remembers!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
Nope - Euell Gibbons.
Had two of his books in my mid twenties. Lived on Long Island then in NY's Catskills. Kept me from going hungry on many occasions.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:05:19 PM by Triphammer »

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »
Since most people are to stubborn to go to the doctors try a test. Substitute all of what you are drinking for a day or 2 with stuff that has no sugar (water) and see how you feel. If it is really a blood sugar thing you should start to feel like crap pretty quick I would assume.
I'm not a doctor but I did sleep in my own bed last night so that makes me a pro.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 01:07:58 PM »
mixing lemonade with milk is a sure sign of a serious lack of national reciprocity.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »
Hah! Another old dog who remembers!  =D

Some parts are edible.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »
Some parts are edible.

Now I'm hungry for a bowl of GrapeNuts  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »
mixing lemonade with milk is a sure sign of a serious lack of national reciprocity.
No, it means that he is Gay!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »
Had two of his books in my mid twenties. Lived on Long Island then in NY's Catskills. Kept me from going hungry on many occasions.

I learned about edible plants when I was in the BSA in the 1960's/70's upstate NY has an abundance of tasty plants.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 01:58:30 AM »
You need a mixer. Any of those except the milk would go good with vodka, tequila, or rum.

I concur,  only I disagree with the milk.  White Russians are an excellent sunset sipper.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 04:16:14 AM »
Now I'm hungry for a bowl of GrapeNuts  :lol:

Gerbil food that tastes like Gravel !!11
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.