Author Topic: Axe discovers conservation  (Read 1706 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Axe discovers conservation
« on: September 21, 2012, 07:51:07 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/money/business/story/2012/09/17/axe-showerpool-promo-raises-eyebrows/57797640/1

What I want to know is what took them so long?

But Axe?  Eww!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Axe discovers conservation
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:00:16 AM »
Axe just makes it easier to ID the dooshbags.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 08:06:52 AM »

I'm this viral age where sex not only sells -- but often goes viral

I'm not sure they fully thought that sentence through.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
Axe just makes it easier to ID the dooshbags.

I use Axe, actually. And I've been complemented on my scent by more than a few women. The trick is, USE THE BLOODY STUFF SPARINGLY. It's not friggin suntan lotion. Little goes a long way.

Long showers, regular soap/shampoo, any deodorant, and a LIGHT amount of cologne or Axe spray of nearly any variety... You're good to go. Less is more. If another person can consciously notice your scent without being very close and personal, you're doing it wrong.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
I use Axe, actually.

Hey, Larry was right!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 05:42:55 PM »
"Less is more" is definitely true with that stuff. Ugh. Both my sons used it with the hope that massive doses would eliminate the need for regular hygiene. I don't know if I'll ever smell the stuff again without being reminded of the odor of smelly teenage boy. Ick.

But that whole "Conserve water, shower with a friend" thing has been around for years. They're just now using it?  ;/

And last time I checked, the "college crowd" are usually all legal adults, so who cares. Not like they're marketing it to middle-schoolers.

America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »
Hey, Larry was right!

I'll send flowers to your widow!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
The trick is, USE THE BLOODY STUFF SPARINGLY. It's not friggin suntan lotion. Little goes a long way
That's pretty much the across the board rule whether it be Axe, Chanel No.5, or Doe urine.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
Speaking of cover scents...

For almost 2 years , every time my wife's oldest little brother would come to our house I would manage to surreptitiously douse him with raccoon pee cover scent just before he'd leave.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
My dad falls into the crowd that does not understand the concept of "less is more"

I cannot count the mornings where the scent of body spray was so thick through the entire house (all the way through my closed bedroom door on the other side of the house) that the TASTE woke me up.  ;/

As for "conserve water, shower with a friend", dude, that's older then the hills.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »
"The idea of showerpooling with strangers to save water is so over the top, you can't take it seriously," says brand consultant Laura Ries. The way most guys in college save water, she says, isn't by showering less but by drinking beer instead of water.

Is this woman nuts?

Does she really really think that needed to be stated? Who are those people they interview? What tree are they grown on?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 02:37:47 AM »
I remember when Axe came out.  It was my freshman year in college and they handed out free samples in the men's dorm.  The place *REEKED* for months.  I can still smell it.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 06:58:04 AM »
I remember when Axe came out.  It was my freshman year in college and they handed out free samples in the men's dorm.  The place *REEKED* for months.  I can still smell it.

Brings out memories of yesteryear.  I was in high school when English Leather and Hai Karate were da bomb.  Couldn't be satisfied with just aftershave, aficionados had to go with aftershave and cologne and the soap all together.  To this day I get a splash of stomach acid every time I sniff English Leather.   
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »
Brings out memories of yesteryear.  I was in high school when English Leather and Hai Karate were da bomb.  Couldn't be satisfied with just aftershave, aficionados had to go with aftershave and cologne and the soap all together.  To this day I get a splash of stomach acid every time I sniff English Leather.   

English Leather!  I had some!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
Old Spice = Vomit
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »
Axe is foul stuff in large quantities. Similar to old transmission fluid.