Author Topic: ObamaPhone!  (Read 1305 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
ObamaPhone!
« on: September 28, 2012, 12:54:52 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpAOwJvTOio

Sigh.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obamas-truth-team-denounces-supporters-obama-phone-claim/article/2509305#.UGXT3lGmk1I

the government program is called Lifeline originally created to subsidize land line phone service for low income Americans. The program is funded by government-collected telecommunication fees, paid by consumers.

Why can't we call a spade, a spade?

"government-collected telecommunication fees?"  Nope.  That is a TAX.  A fee is something paid for either a service received (i.e. parking fee when you park in a paid parking lot), or a penance for violating a component of the social contract (overdraft fee on a checking account, for example).  I don't have a choice as a consumer to not pay this "fee", as mandated by law.  That's a TAX.

Why can't this redistributive plan be called for what it is?

Then, add this (from the article cited above):

The Obama campaign is not pleased with an Obama supporter’s claim that the president gave her a free “Obama phone.”

The campaign’s “Truth Team” denounced the idea of an “Obama phone” yesterday, posting a message on Twitter in an effort to set the record straight.

“FACT: Discounted phone services are provided through telecom companies, ‘the President has nothing to do with it,’” the message read.

But I thought Obama loved redistribution? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge3aGJfDSg4#t=1m16s)

Is it no longer okay to love redistribution when your arse is being handed to you by a GOP lame duck candidate?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
Re: ObamaPhone!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
Don't worry, the next iteration will be Obama talks, you listen.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
Don't worry, the next iteration will be Obama talks, you listen.

That didn't turn out too well for E.F. Hutton
"It's good, though..."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
Truth Team. Was anyone else sub-vocalizing "Ministry of Truth" as you read that?

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 12:07:42 AM »
It was inevitable, and hilarious.  :rofl:
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 01:48:39 AM »
Why can't we call a spade, a spade?

You're just asking for it, aren't you? Wait 'til DeSelby gets here. :)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 09:53:03 AM »
Read an article in the atlantic by perennial twit elspeth reeve declaring the obama phne deal RACIST!

For my part, if it requires several paragraphs and a reference to stormfront to make the case, it does not qualify.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »
I just read there are a million ObamaPhones in Ohio.  Hey, they need to be told where to go to vote for Obama, folks.

What a travesty suffrage has become.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 05:22:54 PM »
Does one need an ID to procure an Obamaphone?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
I listened to that woman talking about her ObamaPhone yesterday on WOWO, Ft Wayne. It was pretty nuts, yet humerous.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G