Author Topic: Anyone know rap music? i want to find this one song i heard.  (Read 735 times)

TMM

• friend
Now, i usually hate rap, but i actually like this one enough that i'm trying to find it.

The beginning starts out with some pretty decent instrumentals, pretty much non-rap sounding. it starts off with a woman singing with a very nice voice, then the drums come in to beat a slow, soft-ish beat. then there's a guy who's rapping slowly, so it's actually pleasant to listen to. the guy talks/raps about somthing along the lines of how this girl left him or somthing, and the girl mostly sings the chorus/refrain whatever, and it has repititions of a scentence with "goodbye" in it.

Should have written down some lyrics...

any ideas?

thanks

~tmm

Marnoot

• friend
Anyone know rap music? i want to find this one song i heard.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 04:15:02 PM »
One guess here, "Where'd You Go" by Fort Minor off of their album The Rising Tied, the female chorus/vocals are by Holly Brook who has her own first album out, Like Blood Like Honey. Her album is worth checking out (very different genre from the Fort Minor song though, so YMMV), I haven't heard any other Fort Minor songs so I couldn't speak for their album.

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, I'm not sure the word "goodbye" is in the chorus... so maybe I'm off base, but other than that word this song matches your description.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 05:30:43 PM »
Yo, I'm down, but I ain't know the track you talkin' 'bout, man.  But yo, I gots this hot new album 'bout to drop.  Y'all best check this out, cause it's some spine-tinglin', murderific beats, you know wud I'm sayin'?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TMM

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 05:10:51 AM »
MARNOOT!!! That's it!!eleventy-one1!

Thanks much! i guess it wasn't "goodbye"... but it means the same thing, you know? "where'd you go" and "good bye" both have to do with somebody leaving.

~tmm