Author Topic: Protect yourself against false accusations  (Read 1640 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Protect yourself against false accusations
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »
Stop what you are doing and go download this.  Then read it.  Do it now, not later.

Seriously, it is that important.

If you are involved in any kind of activism, from just venting over coffee with like-minded folks to lobbying and writing letters/sending emails, you need to at least consider that you may become a target.

I am very upset at the choice of "snitching" for the main part of the title, but nobody consulted me before the decision was made, did they?

Go. Download it. Read it. Forward this to each and every one of your friends and maybe seven or twelve folks you don't even know except you got their email address from one of those other forward-to-everybody emails. Just be nice and use BCC instead of spreading their email address even further over the internet.

stay safe.

Thanks to some last-minute assistance — with “last-minute” actually being several weeks ago — and thanks to the work of many volunteers, Rats!, the anti-snitch book, is now live.

Find it at http://rats-nosnitch.com/. Four different formats for reading. One bundle of HTML files for mirroring on your own site. All free.

Copy and distribute at will. Spread it around far and wide. Post to your blogs about it. Tweet it. Announce it on your Facebook page, mirror the entire site … whatever. The more this gets into the hands of potential victims of snitchery, the better.

—–

I apologize. I spent the last several weeks dithering over one question concerning the website and the big question about getting it on Amazon and what to do with proceeds from any Amazon sales.

I finally decided Amazon can wait a while and the website question was too petty to dither over. So I made a couple small changes … and here we go. May it reach a million people who need it.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Protect yourself against false accusations
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
Claire Wolfe.  I figured as much from your description.

Downloaded.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »
done !

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »
That was an interesting hour.
Nothing earth shattering revealed but seems like sound advice.
Pretty much the same things I've told my kids.
The cops are NOT your friend.
If they ask to search the answer is NO.
If they come to the house you DO NOT let them in unless they have a warrant. I don't care if it's -10* and blowing sleet sideways they do not come in the house.
Don't associate with questionable people.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »
That was an interesting hour.
Pretty much the same things I've told my kids.
The cops are NOT your friend.
If they ask to search the answer is NO.
If they come to the house you DO NOT let them in unless they have a warrant. I don't care if it's -10* and blowing sleet sideways they do not come in the house.
Don't associate with questionable people.

The false accusations we went through came from church people :(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »
The false accusations we went through came from church people :(

I don't see a conflict with my position.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »

Anyone wanting to plan the revolution on an Internet forum should be viewed with suspicion.

Admit to nothing illegal.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
Cop: "Can I search your house/car/treefort?"
Me: "Can I pee in your boot?"
Cop: "..."

And yes, that conversation HAS happened. Rookie local cop: the vet occifer on the scene (who knows me) laughed his ass off
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 09:41:06 AM »
I don't see a conflict with my position.

Me neither, just pointing that out  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin