Author Topic: Moving again  (Read 647 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Moving again
« on: July 09, 2006, 09:20:34 AM »
I'm moving out of the house I've been renting with another guy for various reasons.  Moving up to Pine Valley, CA.  Less than 3,000 people, snow, rain, trees, quiet.  I can't wait.  I'm paying through the nose for a little one bedroom apartment, but it's worth it.  I love living alone.  Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to this.  It'll be great to get out of the crowded city.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Moving again
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 09:24:51 AM »
Absolutely.  I've been living in the second biggest city in Michigan for the past few months, can't wait to get back to my school town of less than 10,000 (including the school) two hours from any city bigger than a gas station and bar.

I doubt I'll ever live in any cit that has suburbs.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Moving again
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 02:05:42 PM »
Quote from: dasmi
I'm moving out of the house I've been renting with another guy for various reasons.  Moving up to Pine Valley, CA.  Less than 3,000 people, snow, rain, trees, quiet.  I can't wait.  I'm paying through the nose for a little one bedroom apartment, but it's worth it.  I love living alone.  Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to this.  It'll be great to get out of the crowded city.
Dude, your move sounds way more palatable than mine.
I'm moving into a rental in two weeks, here in the 'burbs.  In Jan, I'm moving to VA to live in....da 'burbs.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Moving again
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 02:09:55 PM »
I'm finally breaking clear of the burbs Smiley
Oh, another plus, long time buddy/business associate/partner in crime owns the local diner Smiley

SpookyPistolero

• friend
Moving again
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 03:33:23 PM »
I moved into my 1-bed apt about a year ago after being totally drained by dealing with a roommate. Having a place that is truly your own makes a big difference. It makes a big difference in your bank account, too. It sure beats living in a sty with a tool, though.

Just four more years...
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb