Author Topic: If you want to save a species, eat it.  (Read 734 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
If you want to save a species, eat it.
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »
H/t to Tamara for the link on her blog.

I've been saying this for years and we have proof.  If you want more of something, put a season(ing) on it.  There are more deer and turkey running around the US then there were during colonial times.  Same with just about every other game species. 

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/12/10/to-save-this-endangered-breed-eat-it/?iref=obnetwork

“It's really important and part of our responsibility to make sure that when an animal dies for a person to consume it, that we consume the whole thing. That's as responsible as we can be with something like this,” explains Armstrong.

This.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: If you want to save a species, eat it.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »
With some species, it also helps if you kill all their predators.  Also allow them to move into residential areas without shooting them.

I guess you can also say that if you want to wipe out a species, make its fur/feathers a fashion accessory.  Isn't that what happened to several species some years ago?  I guess it didn't happen to minks though.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »

I've been saying this for years and we have proof.  If you want more of something, put a season(ing) on it.  There are more deer and turkey running around the US then there were during colonial times.  Same with just about every other game species. 

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/12/10/to-save-this-endangered-breed-eat-it/?iref=obnetwork

This.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 12:38:42 PM »
Like I've always said, if Panda bears tasted good, there would be farmers raising them by the billions in China.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Lee

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
I eat at the Panda Express.  Are you telling me I've been paying good money for fake Panda all these years?

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
This.

My economics professor in High School actually explained this to all of his classes.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
Like I've always said, if Panda bears tasted good, there would be farmers raising them by the billions in China.

Maybe they do taste good...like a cross between regular bear and hopelessness.  Also, the birdman philosophy of "the cuter the animal, the better the taste" (re: veal, lamb, etc)...which is why otter-wrapped dolphin with as side of koala has to be fabulous.

Besides, any species that won't f$&k to save itself from extinction deserves the result.  Perhaps it's because they have as much trouble telling the difference between male and female pandas as we do.