Author Topic: School Shooting at CT Elementary School  (Read 54386 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: School Shooting at CT Elementary School
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »
Did you say NEW YORK PD?  :O Maybe this is why he is former.  :lol:

He looks "former" because he's about 400 pounds and has no neck.  I expected him to say something in Huttese.  There's no way he could pass a physical evaluation as an officer, or chase anyone down.

That being said, he's right in this case.  School/mall/theater shootings happen because they are guaranteed disarmed zones.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »
And I would disagree.

It wasn't the parents who told my kids that they had special rights, that "grounding" was child abuse, that hollering at them was abuse, threatening to restrict privileges was abuse, and if we "upset" them we could be reported to the school and the authorities.

Big push on "child rights" which amounted to an abridgement of parental authority.  Oh, yeah, they wanted parents to be involved, as long as "involved" supported the school's policies and objectives.

The state inserted itself between the kids and parents, and yet they continue to blame the parents.

That's messed up.

Oh please.  I guess my kids have never heard anything that ridiculous nor do I know anyone whose kids were told about those "rights."  That isn't even on the same level as parents actually abusing their kids.  I am not talking reasonable discipline, but people having sex with their children or beating them to the point of severe injury.  You know, the kinds of things that actually cause people to become messed up.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2012, 04:01:04 PM »
He looks "former" because he's about 400 pounds and has no neck.  I expected him to say something in Huttese. 

Hilarious!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Earlier today Fox News had a former NYPD detective who is now a private security consultant and he all but said the same thing about needing armed, plain clothes security at minimum in schools.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2012, 04:25:38 PM »
Saw that yesterday.

Actually, seeing a surprising amount of the basic sentiment.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »
Yeah, that's a new trend I see coming out since the Aurora shooting. "LBE ='s Body Armor"....  ;/

They're STILL slinging that line about the vest the idiot in Aurora was wearing being a "bulletproof vest", despite the fact that the receipt for the shooter's internet order was made freaking public. Any moron capable of clicking a link could see quite plainly that the vest in question was plain black nylon and had lots of pockets - AND THAT'S ALL - but that's not sexy enough for the news, when compared to the lie the media will never admit to.

If they can lie about stuff like this, where does that put us?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2012, 04:44:26 PM »
Sure are a lot of We the People petitions being posted in relation to this. Given the administration's propensity for picking and choosing what they respond to, it will be interesting to monitor responses to these:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

erictank

• friends
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »
That guy in Aurora wasn't wearing body armor?  ???

Nope. It was proven to be a ~$100 Blackhawk "tactical vest", with no ballistic properties whatsoever. The receipt for the Internet order was published online - can't remember the site now, unfortunately. This naturally got no play whatsoever with the mainstream media, as it made their statements plain as the lies they were.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2012, 04:46:42 PM »
Just now on Fox:

Former NYPD detective John Baeza tells the anchor that his solution to school shootings is to eliminate the gun free zones.   :O

The anchor, stunned, asks him if he means there should be armed guards at schools.  Baeza says that what he's talking about is letting any school staff or others to carry if they want.

Then the anchor asks if the staff should be allowed to use the evil boolits that allowed so many kids to be killed so quick.  Baeza says they should be allowed to use whatever they want.  That if the principal had been armed, she may have been able to stop the whole deal right off.

John Baeza for president!

Holy cow, someone actually deviated from the Allowable Public Talking-Point line?!?  AWESOME!!!

Well done, Mr. Baeza!!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »
Holy cow, someone actually deviated from the Allowable Public Talking-Point line?!?  AWESOME!!!

Well done, Mr. Baeza!!

Stealth commentary.

Well done, indeed. You could almost see the two grey cells in the reporter's head colliding as he tried to figure out how to unsay what Mr. Baeza had just said.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
i was watching cnn and pierce morgan was pointing to a picture with two hanguns and an ar-15ish rifle.  he kept pointing to the rifle and blathering about it being the reason so many people were killed.  i wonder if he will retract his statements now that we know it was in the car?

now i am hearing the medical examiner is saying that the kids were killed with multiple rifle rounds.    ???  i thought the rifle was left in the car, and only the 2 hanguns were found in the school?

http://news.yahoo.com/conn-school-victims-shot-rifle-multiple-times-205207737.html
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »
They're STILL slinging that line about the vest the idiot in Aurora was wearing being a "bulletproof vest", despite the fact that the receipt for the shooter's internet order was made freaking public. Any moron capable of clicking a link could see quite plainly that the vest in question was plain black nylon and had lots of pockets - AND THAT'S ALL - but that's not sexy enough for the news, when compared to the lie the media will never admit to.

If they can lie about stuff like this, where does that put us?

Thanks. That's really interesting.

What about the "bullet-resistant leggings" and the other stuff he was supposed to be wearing? Does anyone know what that stuff was? And he was wearing a PASGT helmet, right?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2012, 05:43:37 PM »
WTF?  I heard the rifle was left in the car.

Were there two rifles, perhaps?

And WTF over the Aurora guy, and the supposed armor?  That's good news, I guess.  Though it's troublesome that the commentary has been KPOT, groin protector plate, leggings, vest, et cetera.  Trying to make CCW seem pointless, though that evidently isn't the case at all.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2012, 06:08:35 PM »
Hawkmoon,  reply #135, notes that

You could almost see the two grey cells in the reporter's head colliding as he tried to figure out how to unsay what Mr. Baeza had just said.

You put it well.  The reporters expression was vastly amusing.
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2012, 08:25:52 PM »
If you don't approve of Dear Leader you're obviously ill and need to be sent to the gulag mental hospital until you know the facts.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »
And you trust the government to draw that line, and not bar me from owning firearms?

What about the shooters who DON'T  show any signs?

Fitz - Almost anything has the potential to be carried to the extreme. One could say that traffic laws lead to gross civil rights violations -and that would be correct sometimes....that doesn't mean that allowing people to drive 100 mph in school zones adds vlaue to our lives, and ensures our freedoms. 
I'd  say that we need to pick the low hanging fruit, and not ignore those that have the most potential, and means, to do stuff like this.  The Aurora shooter is a prime example of this.  If a college campus bans a guy because he's a flippin nut job that everyone is afraid of, and is complaining about - chances are, he should get some attention from the guys in white coats.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »
Our leaders know no moderation when it comes to guns. You should expect them to vastly overreach and end up prohibiting folks like me
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

erictank

• friends
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »

Thanks. That's really interesting.

What about the "bullet-resistant leggings" and the other stuff he was supposed to be wearing? Does anyone know what that stuff was? And he was wearing a PASGT helmet, right?

I'll have to see if I can find that info again - might be useful to explode some people's ... wrong-headed points of view, by pushing the truth in their faces. I don't have details on the rest of his "armor", because I never looked. Wondering if it was freaking sports gear, frankly, with a paintball "PASGT". I'll post links if I can find it again (or for the first time, as appropriate).

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »
WTF?  I heard the rifle was left in the car.

Were there two rifles, perhaps?

I'm having the same problem. First there were reports that the school was littered with .223 casings, then the medical examiner saying that all the bodies he examined were killed by multiple rifle shots -- but the police clearly indicated that they recovered "the" Bushmaster from his (mother's) car. However, early on there were conflicting reports of three or four weapons, so perhaps there were two rifles.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2012, 11:08:02 PM »
Got it!

http://www.therightscoop.com/nypd-detective-we-need-to-repeal-gun-free-school-zones/

Dunno how long the video will remain available, so I made an attempt at transcribing it, if anyone is interested:

Fox News Interview with retired NYPD Detective John Baeza on Saturday, 15 December 2012::

Commentator:  But as we take a look at the work that still lies ahead for the investigators, what do they have to do?

Baeza:   Well I think what they’re going to try to do is they’re going to try to look for a motive. I mean, that’s what we look for. And there is always a motive. There is always a motive but, if they find one – IF they find one – it may be very, very difficult for anybody to even grasp or to understand. What needs to happen now, and what I really oppose the notion of, is that people want to mourn and I agree with that. I have five children myself. But I also want to be able to take action so that this won’t happen. Three of my children are going to be going to elementary school on Monday. So we need to take some action and, as a police officer, I can tell you that what needs to be done is … these gun-free school zones, that needs to be repealed. We have to have protection there, we have to have the ability for teachers and, you know, people on campuses to be able to defend themselves and to protect these young children.

Commentator:   So what you’re talking about is to have someone who is armed and trained inside every school around the country in the event of something like this happening?

Baeza:   I’m not talking about, you know, necessarily hiring or having a police state, but I’m talking about allowing teachers and, you know, other personnel that work at the school to have the ability to have a weapon. If that principal – and it’s a very tragic incident – but if that principal had a weapon there may have been a chance to save more children, to save her own life. But we need to take this notion of, you know, not taking action now, we really need to take action now, we need to look at this, take action, and do it, because if you look at the mass murders that we’ve had, most of them – the ones that are on TV all the time – they happen in gun-free zones. And this is something we have to learn and we have to protect our children, and I want to protect my three children that are going to elementary school, so that’s very important to … it should be very important to everybody.

Commentator:  Detective, what would you have teachers and educators arm themselves with, and should they have the kind of ammunition that this young man had, that allowed him to kill so many people in three minutes?

Baeza:   Sure they should. Sure they should. They should have any ammunition they could want. I mean, ah, the thing here is, the bottom line is when you talk about ammunition or weapons, the bottom line is they need something. And it could be anything – any type of firearm, to save the children. If you were to give me a magic wand and I could change things, I would give that principal or I would have that principal or some of the teachers armed. It could have saved more of the students and staff that were killed, and it’s very important.

Commentator:  John Baeza is a former New York City police detective, joining us today with his take on this. Very different from what a lot of people around the country, Sir, are thinking. They might listen to your remedy and scratch their heads a little bit, but you certainly come at this from a career in law enforcement, and we appreciate your coming on and sharing your thoughts with us.

Baeza:   Thank you, Rick

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »
I'm having the same problem. First there were reports that the school was littered with .223 casings, then the medical examiner saying that all the bodies he examined were killed by multiple rifle shots -- but the police clearly indicated that they recovered "the" Bushmaster from his (mother's) car. However, early on there were conflicting reports of three or four weapons, so perhaps there were two rifles.

Update: Just saw a new report that says four HANDGUNS were recovered inside the school, and one AR-15 style "assault weapon" was recovered in the car he drove to the school.

Now I'm REALLY confused.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2012, 12:11:11 AM »
Confusion and lack of specifics make it easier to manipulate the situation.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2012, 02:02:27 AM »
I've only heard about a Glock and a Sig so far. If there were more pistols maybe one was an AR based one?
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2012, 06:51:43 AM »
The amount if disinformation put out by the media on this situation is astounding. I saw one outlet call the sig and Glock "revolvers". I got me a good ration of *expletive deleted*it yesterday due to my similar statements on arming and training teachers from some of my "friends" on fB too. Nice to come here and find some common ground. ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!