Author Topic: Holster for Sig C3?  (Read 489 times)

Lee

• friend
Holster for Sig C3?
« on: December 16, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »
I'm looking for one. Just found a used C3 plus with CT grips in my Christmas stocking..but holster options seem to be slim to none. Bought a Yaqui slide yesterday, thinking the most generic option would work...but it really does not work well at all. The pistol is slim enough, that it moves front to back whem drawing and actually gets stuck,requiring some manipulation to draw. Oddly, a little Desantis K9 (Kahr 9) holster that I bought at a garage sale this summer for my Keltec P9 is a better fit. Interwebz says that none of the usual suspects (Milt Sparks, etc) don't recommend their 1911 holsters for them. I'm really liking this pistol and would like to get a decent holster for it...OTWB OR IWB...or both. Anybody got one and been through this?

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
Re: Holster for Sig C3?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »
 The problem is the "belt" that SiG puts on many of their 1911s.  I think a holster for a p220  will work.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
I can see how a standard profile holster might be problematic. No answer, but here's a 1911Forum thread with some input if you haven't seen it previously. http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=202159
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 09:10:06 PM »
Thanks Tim, you're right. I tried my 220 holsters and they aren't a bad fit. They'll do for my purposes.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:03:46 AM »
Not a solution per se, but molding kydex is fun and not too expensive.  A lower end crossbreed knockoff could provide the leather and mount. Mold the kydex on one side and drill and attach it.  Fun winter project anyway and cheaper than playing at full leather work or (probably the best solution) sending the gun to Dennis at Dragon leather or another smaller custom shop.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."