Author Topic: Senator Feinstein to introduce a new AWB  (Read 78465 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Senator Feinstein to introduce a new AWB
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2012, 05:20:53 PM »
"Biden will handle it" sounds an awful lot like "let's forget all about it."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2012, 05:22:43 PM »
"Biden will handle it" sounds an awful lot like "let's forget all about it."
Uh no. This is Biden's wet dream.
Remember that before he was Veep, he was one of the more outspoken gun grabbers.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »
I don't recall, but he's Vice President Joe Biden. He's a running joke. What better way for Obama to signal he's not serious, than to kick it over to Biden?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »
I don't recall, but he's Vice President Joe Biden. He's a running joke. What better way for Obama to signal he's not serious, than to kick it over to Biden?

If DiFi were VP, Obama would kick it over to her too.
Why?
Because He would get the double benefit of handing the lightning rod over to his in-house gun control expert.

Barack Obama

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
Why?
Because He would get the double benefit of handing the lightning rod over to his in-house gun control expert.

But it's the very notion of Biden having any "expertise" that strains credulity. Fervor? Passion? OK. But how does one become a legitimate expert in a field (gun control) where the prime requisites are emotion and capacity to bend truth to the breaking point?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

brimic

• friends
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2012, 05:52:51 PM »
But how does one become a legitimate expert in a field (gun control) where the prime requisites are emotion and capacity to bend truth to the breaking point?

You just answered your own qestion.

Barack Obama

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2012, 05:57:26 PM »
You just answered your own qestion.

If politician equals expert, the world's even more effed up than I thought.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

brimic

• friends
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »
First, let's keep our eyes on target...RKBA, and not get caught up in a broad spectrum political debate...

The reason why Conservatives lose arguments where they have all logic in their corner is because they are arguing within the same framework that their enemy created.

Reframing the argument to put things into perspective is a far better approach.
Americans, well people in general, lack perspective, and are easily swayed by bogus arguments, especially if they are emotional arguments.

I would like to see a national debate about something as equally absurd as banning guns such as banning airplanes since we all witnessed thousands of Americans killed in one day due to 'airplane violence.'

We won't though. Nationally, our gutless republicans are losing a national debate on spending and taxes- two items that they should never lose on, simply because they are working within the frame Obama set for them. I fully expect them to knuckle under over gun control as well.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »
Why?

You're talking about this as if anyone cares what Biden wants. That seems doubtful. Biden can be as gung-ho on gun control as he likes. That doesn't mean Democrats will get behind him. And actually, if Biden's anti-gun credentials make this bill more extreme, wouldn't that just make it less likely to pass?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2012, 07:15:51 PM »
He said he supported an AWB and a ban on "high capacity clips."  He didn't go into any specifics.  Presumably, this is what Biden is supposed to deliver in January.  

Would it be too much to hope for that these morons would include this kind of ignorance/mislabeling in the law they craft? All my "clips" (en bloc, moon, stripper, etc.) are already 10rd's or less. My magazines on the other hand...

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
Would it be too much to hope for that these morons would include this kind of ignorance/mislabeling in the law they craft?

When they don't know the difference between full-auto and semi-auto, or between a Glock and a Kimber, how can they be expected to know the proper names of the parts, or even what the parts do ("the thing that goes up")?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »
When they don't know the difference between full-auto and semi-auto, or between a Glock and a Kimber, how can they be expected to know the proper names of the parts, or even what the parts do ("the thing that goes up")?

"Have you turned in or registered all your high capacity clips?"

"Yup."

"Then what's that there in your hand!?"

"A standard capacity magazine."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
Oh just something I'd toss out there.. During a conversation a fellow tried to bring up the race argument (guess he much be one of those folks who suffers from man excess of white-guilt) about how all the mass shooters were white.

My very even toned (best "reasonable discussion" voice) reply:

"Not really. For example the belt-way snipers were African, Cho, the VA tech shooter is Asian and Nidal Hassan is Palestinian."

*a look for dawning on his face short only the lightbulb over the head* "Oh, I guess you're right."

And thus quickly ended the race side of the discussion.

Those were just the three I could pull off the top of my head on the spot during the conversation. Thought some others might find that useful for their own personal discussions.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2012, 08:11:46 PM »
Would it be too much to hope for that these morons would include this kind of ignorance/mislabeling in the law they craft? All my "clips" (en bloc, moon, stripper, etc.) are already 10rd's or less. My magazines on the other hand...

Yes, they'll use broad enough language to cover everything. There will be a part of the bill that says "high capacity clip means any device that stores, feeds, or supplies any firearm with with ammunition in excess of 2 rounds"
Look, tiny text!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
Oh just something I'd toss out there.. During a conversation a fellow tried to bring up the race argument (guess he much be one of those folks who suffers from man excess of white-guilt) about how all the mass shooters were white.

My very even toned (best "reasonable discussion" voice) reply:

"Not really. For example the belt-way snipers were African, Cho, the VA tech shooter is Asian and Nidal Hassan is Palestinian."

*a look for dawning on his face short only the lightbulb over the head* "Oh, I guess you're right."

And thus quickly ended the race side of the discussion.

Those were just the three I could pull off the top of my head on the spot during the conversation. Thought some others might find that useful for their own personal discussions.

My God, you've just uncovered the answer to mass shootings, and maybe even mass murder in general.  It's men!  Ban men, and the world will be safe for everyone!
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
My God, you've just uncovered the answer to mass shootings, and maybe even mass murder in general.  It's men!  Ban men, and the world will be safe for everyone!

As my ex-wife used to say: if it has tires or testicles, it is going to cause problems.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2012, 08:51:02 PM »
Yes, they'll use broad enough language to cover everything. There will be a part of the bill that says "high capacity clip means any device that stores, feeds, or supplies any firearm with with ammunition in excess of 2 rounds"

Well that would exclude my bolt action rifles that I use primarily for hunting.

So much for my pump and semi auto shotguns.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
I was being a bit facetious on the round count but it wouldn't surprise me either if they went for it.
Look, tiny text!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »
The reason why Conservatives lose arguments where they have all logic in their corner is because they are arguing within the same framework that their enemy created.

Reframing the argument to put things into perspective is a far better approach.
Americans, well people in general, lack perspective, and are easily swayed by bogus arguments, especially if they are emotional arguments.

QFT.

Never forget this. By even debating "gun violence" we are allowing the grabbers to shape the discussion around guns, rather than around violence. We should be constantly reframing this debate to be about "school security" rather than about "gun violence."

And be aware of how consistently and subtly the media are spinning this. They are working every possible angle for all it's worth, and all on an emotional level. I saw at least one article about the first funerals for the kids. The article was a typical tear-jerker, and there's no question that the incident was a genuine tragedy. But ... the articles made references to "tiny" coffins. Not "small" ... "tiny." These were kids 6 thought 7 or 8 years old. They were young, and undoubtedly smaller than adults, but I would expect the adjective "tiny" to be used in the context of a coffin for an infant.

But calling them "tiny" just makes them sound OH so much more innocent and vulnerable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
Yahoo News (funny that) informs me that gun deaths are projected to exceed automobile deaths by 2015.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »
QFT.

Never forget this. By even debating "gun violence" we are allowing the grabbers to shape the discussion around guns, rather than around violence. We should be constantly reframing this debate to be about "school security" rather than about "gun violence."

I think it's much more significant that the negative side of guns is constantly in focus, with the positive side virtually ignored. It's never x number of people killed vs x number of lives saved by guns; it's always x number of people killed vs some theory or tradition that says we have a right to own guns.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-19/american-gun-deaths-to-exceed-traffic-fatalities-by-2015.html

Keep in mind that the CDC statistics include police shootings and legitimate self defense shootings in their count of "gun homicides." I don't know what the break-down is, but those aren't all murders.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »
Keep in mind that the CDC statistics include police shootings and legitimate self defense shootings in their count of "gun homicides." I don't know what the break-down is, but those aren't all murders.

And suicides, perchance?