Author Topic: Senator Feinstein to introduce a new AWB  (Read 78456 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Senator Feinstein to introduce a new AWB
« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »
Is Cerberus expecting sweeping gun restrictions that will ruin business?

Doubtful. The last 94 AWB only made things better for the gun market, waking it up, making people realize it might not "be there tomorrow" even in neutered ban forms.

The surge in the AR market is directly related to the ban, and it's expiration. Not in lieu of it. Pretty much a decade and a half-long lower grade version of the '08 and '12/'13 panics.

I'd guess that Cerberus figured that as a total of their holdings it's a pittance, and the suddenly un-PC nature of the holding wasn't worth the trouble. Also, depending on how well the brands were being run higher sales may not necessarily meant higher profits.
I promise not to duck.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »
Oh they were holding the evil Bushmaster company.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »
the California school teachers retirement fund was heavy on cerbrus
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »
Production had already resumed by Miroku circa 2010.

I've handled new Model 94s at the local Cabelas. 

The prices are high, but the fit and finish blows away anything ever made in Connecticut. 

Man says that on a gun forum; people know he's not afraid of anything.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Myself

• friend
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
Cerberus gets much of its capital to invest from pension funds and the like.  A lot of that money is from State employee / Teacher funds.  These groups are mostly headed by very liberal management.  

They are the ones pressuring for Cerberus to get out of the weapons industries.

That USRAC plant needs to move its gear out to a right to work state and start cranking out sub-$500 Winchester 94's again.  They were $250-$300 before they folded, but Obama and Bush have been hard at work devaluing that dollar since then.

USRAC is owned by Browning who contacts the manufacturing of Win rifles to Japan (and has for quite a while.)  Browning kept the US Mfg. operation open only making 70's and 94's until it was no longer cost effective.  I think it is gone for good.  The Winchester trademark is owned by Olin who licences the name to Browning.  They also make the Win. ammo.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2013, 04:45:32 PM »
theres a fantasy out there that Bloomberg & Soros should buy the controlling interest and force any schemes required to end bad guns

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-30/benevolent-billionaires-should-buy-out-bushmaster.html
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »
Seems like all the chatter I hear is that this is pretty much DOA and the hard core anti's are very grumpy.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »
Seems like all the chatter I hear is that this is pretty much DOA and the hard core anti's are very grumpy.

Likewise for the "occupy the NRA" idea that was briefly floated around. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2013, 05:27:56 PM »
theres a fantasy out there that Bloomberg & Soros should buy the controlling interest and force any schemes required to end bad guns

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-30/benevolent-billionaires-should-buy-out-bushmaster.html

Maybe I should RTFA, but do these people not realize there are 80 hundred AR manufacturers, and probably 40 hundred more would move in to replace any companies they "reformed"?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »

They should be grumpy. If it's DOA, their entire claim to fame will be putting a couple million more ARs "on the street".  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2013, 06:32:39 PM »
I still maintain that any politician, lobbyist or other such slime who tries to restrict the right of ordinary folks to own effective weapons for sport, defense, hunting, collecting or "just because, bitch" (my favorite reason/answer), should be legally barred from having any sort of security detail, armed or unarmed. They can, however, be issued with a free baseball bat, which is probably more than they deserve considering they would probably like to ban anything that is even remotely useable as a weapon, but, I'm feeling kind and generous at the moment...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »
I'm beginning to SERIOUSLY wonder if Di Fi owns stock in Bushmaster, or something.

Every time they float one of these ideas, people go on a buying spree. I know if *I* had stock in the company, I would try everything I could to get people to buy the product...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2013, 12:56:59 AM »
I'm beginning to SERIOUSLY wonder if Di Fi owns stock in Bushmaster, or something.

Every time they float one of these ideas, people go on a buying spree. I know if *I* had stock in the company, I would try everything I could to get people to buy the product...

Rather Atlas Shrugged-esque huh? Bunch of worthless self-important politicians sitting around bitching about capitalists while simultaneously makings oodles of money off those same capitalists. The fact that congress specifically exempted themselves from insider trading laws really makes me wish someone would pull a D'Anconia style event on them.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2013, 01:23:30 AM »
I still maintain that any politician, lobbyist or other such slime who tries to restrict the right of ordinary folks to own effective weapons for sport, defense, hunting, collecting or "just because, bitch" (my favorite reason/answer), should be legally barred from having any sort of security detail, armed or unarmed. They can, however, be issued with a free baseball bat, which is probably more than they deserve considering they would probably like to ban anything that is even remotely useable as a weapon, but, I'm feeling kind and generous at the moment...

Nah, just give 'em an Obama phone so they can call 911.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #264 on: February 02, 2013, 02:17:21 AM »
Give them a phone to call Obama, and Obama will come over with his skeet gun to scare off the bad guys.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2013, 09:01:06 AM »
Give them a phone to call Obama, and Obama will come over with his skeet gun to scare off the bad guys.

(NSFW linky)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skeet

Obama is not shooting the skeet you are looking for.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2013, 10:35:56 AM »
"Pull!!!'
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #267 on: February 02, 2013, 10:45:46 AM »
(NSFW linky)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skeet

Obama is not shooting the skeet you are looking for.

I love a good well written Urban Dictionary entry.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #268 on: February 02, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »

Just proves the consistent link between irrational/emotional progressive ideology and unintended consequences in the real world.

"I want it, therefore I should have it, regardless of what comes next."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #269 on: February 02, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #270 on: February 02, 2013, 03:33:07 PM »
Massa say no photoshoppy on that one.

What exactly is 0 being made to appear to shoot in that pic? 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:37:10 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #271 on: February 02, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »
Apparently there is a tradional competition between the Marine guards at Camp David and the POTUS.  Those who attended stated that Obama was there and gone in under 5 minutes.  (Didn't even shoot a full round.)   Like he could not get out of there fast enough.

Yeah...."all the time."  ;/ ;/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:01:31 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #272 on: February 02, 2013, 04:26:52 PM »
Note the wristwatch....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #273 on: February 02, 2013, 04:42:08 PM »
"It's good, though..."

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #274 on: February 02, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »
where's the mom jeans? [tinfoil]