Author Topic: 1990 ford 7.3 diesel thermostat housing  (Read 3274 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
1990 ford 7.3 diesel thermostat housing
« on: December 21, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »
any ideas where to find one?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: 1990 ford 7.3 diesel thermostat housing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 07:29:07 PM »
Any place but Autozone.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »
don't worry  . i stopped by after their smooth move. the manager had a constipated look on his face
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »
any ideas where to find one?

Another 1990 Ford  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:22:22 PM »
I struck out on napa, and rock auto sites.
Do you have an international dealer nearby? That engine was made by them and is very common in trucks of many different brands.
As long as it shipped from the international factory to ford with that part on it they should have it.
You just need a smart counter person that knows the stuff.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 08:00:40 PM »
thanks  truck belongs to a kid i know  good kid.  remarkably so. 

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 08:02:38 PM »
is there any reason not to go used from a salvage yard?

Many, if not most, of them are networked these days. If they don't have it on their own yard they can have just about anything pulled from someone elses yard and shipped local.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
Uh, a Ford dealer, maybe...?

FordParts.com has both Motorcraft and Autolite parts.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=1990&m=Ford&mo=F-350#Search

Or you can google "ford powerstroke 7.3 thermostat housing".  The first results page lists at least half a dozen places that sell online.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »
no one has it  hes "bought" it 3 times to have them call him and say sorry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 08:33:51 PM »
is there any reason not to go used from a salvage yard?

Many, if not most, of them are networked these days. If they don't have it on their own yard they can have just about anything pulled from someone elses yard and shipped local.

diesels are apparently not plentiful.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 11:16:59 PM »
There are a couple of big diesel truck forums. All of them have sponsoring parts dealers. Powerstroke parts are easy to find with only a minimum of work.  The Ford 7.3 has a HUGE following and thermostat housing leaks are a known problem. If he can't find one he hasn't tried very hard.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
My comment about getting parts at an international dealer works for many items. Especial something that the regular auto parts store does not carry or they carry a crapy version. The parts are half the price than the ford dealer.
I needed an IPR valve for my 03 7.3L  and it was half the price. Auto part stores don't carry it.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods