Author Topic: AGH! I hate .NET!!!!  (Read 1361 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
AGH! I hate .NET!!!!
« on: July 13, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »
Does anyone here write code in any of the .Net languages?  I'm writing a C# web-app, and dealing with impersonated permissions across network servers is making my head spin.  I though that this kind of stuff was suppose to get *easier* with later code reversions?

AAAGGGHHHH!!

Nightfall

• friend
AGH! I hate .NET!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 11:49:10 AM »
I'll stick to plain 'ol C++, thanks. Smiley
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
AGH! I hate .NET!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 11:53:20 AM »
I though that this kind of stuff was suppose to get *easier* with later code reversions?
You're new to this Microsoft thing huh? Tongue

Marnoot

• friend
AGH! I hate .NET!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »
I just got done with a little utility in VB .Net. I need to pick up C# alot better than I know it at the moment. I also just got done doing impersonation for the ASP.Net machine account to get it to properly access data on another server. I have it impersonating a domain user. It's still not working quite like it's supposed to, but it's certainly a lot better than the no-functionality level it was at earlier. There are some days I think I'd like to transfer over to Engineering/Development, and some days I'm glad I am where I'm at. My relationship with coding is a fickle one.