Author Topic: Boycott BoA  (Read 1440 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Boycott BoA
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »
Bank of America, a few months back, told McMillan to get lost because they didn't want to do business with gun companies.

Now, just this week, they screwed with American Spirit Arms here in Scottsdale.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/bank-america-freezes-gun-manufacturers-account-company-owner-claims

I have an upper from ASA.  Good work.  I recommend them.

I've been carrying a balance on a BoA credit card, nibbling away at it a few hundred a month at a time.  I'm about 3 months away from being done with them.  I'll be closing the card ASAP, now.  This is ridonkulous.  I'll be sure to tell them why, when I close it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Boycott BoA
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:03:20 PM »
No problem I have never done business with them and never will.

They have from what I hear the worst CS in the banking industry.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
We used BoA for our banking needs (checking, short term savings, etc) for a few years.  Customer service was always fine for our needs, but when the McMillan thing broke, I started looking at other options.  Because we travel a lot, most Credit Unions that we'd qualify for aren't a good option, but other banks are just as bad as BoA in many ways.  We finally found a local CU that we qualified for, had good rates, and was part of an ATM network that covered our most common travel areas.  Their web banking sucks a bit and their ATMs are only now getting check scanners, but we haven't had any complaints otherwise.  I haven't tested their network ATMs yet.

Chris

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »
I dumped BofA over 10 years ago. Very happy I did.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
I've been avoiding them for a long time too.  The only business I've ever done with them was they ended up my mortgage servicing company.  It was sold to countrywide at first, then when they died BOA picked it up.  I paid off the last of the mortgage last year.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »
Same creeps that decided Illegals needed easy access to credit cards a few years back.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were -- ‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’

Memo To:  BoA
Subject:  Moral Confusion

Who the hell appointed you the arbitrator of morality.   Do you really want to go down the road named "Should" when you as a bank have a history of money laundering for an assortment of really bad people around the world.  Your best action is to sit down and shut up about manufacturing guns because you do not want scrutiny of your involvement in certain illegal transactions.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:09:28 PM »
I dumped them a few years ago.  Glad I did. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »
I was going to shut down my BoA account because of their poor CS but every Friday the local Occupy Wall Streeters protest outside of the BoA.  I make sure to get my grocery money for the week while they are there and to beep and wave! 

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 08:28:49 PM »
Bank of America, a few months back, told McMillan to get lost because they didn't want to do business with gun companies.

Now, just this week, they screwed with American Spirit Arms here in Scottsdale.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/bank-america-freezes-gun-manufacturers-account-company-owner-claims

I have an upper from ASA.  Good work.  I recommend them.

I've been carrying a balance on a BoA credit card, nibbling away at it a few hundred a month at a time.  I'm about 3 months away from being done with them.  I'll be closing the card ASAP, now.  This is ridonkulous.  I'll be sure to tell them why, when I close it.

Did you check with ASA to see if this isn't some hoax? Its hard to believe its even legal for BOA to do this
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
They're holding a candlelight vigil for a goddamned ELK in CO,   This is completely within the realm of believable in my world.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 08:53:13 PM »
Did you check with ASA to see if this isn't some hoax? Its hard to believe its even legal for BOA to do this

I wondered the same thing, as I wouldn't call CNSNews a top tier news source.  The ASA Facebook page is reporting the same incidents, so I think we can fairly say it is real.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
They're holding a candlelight vigil for a goddamned ELK in CO,   This is completely within the realm of believable in my world.
The man has a point
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »
The only reason I'm doing business with BoA is because they bought out my mortgage also.  Thinking of a refi just to take business from them.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 06:02:49 PM »
i have a clause in my contracts that states i won't accept checks drawn on boa amongst others in payment
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 07:37:17 PM »
I did. Posted this on my blog last week
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 10:40:04 PM »
crud, the only way for me to get my paycheck in any timely fashion was getting a B.O.A account.
The company that issues the paycheck is using BOA, so if I switched it would mean waiting even longer. physical checks are a huge pita as there is really no way to cash them way out here.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."