Author Topic: PicoStation M2 and Thanks!  (Read 529 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
PicoStation M2 and Thanks!
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:03:13 PM »
I can't remember who brought it up to who in which thread, but somebody here recommended a Picostation as a good platform for extending WiFi. Whoever you were, you rock! I asked for one for Christmas and just set it up at my folks' farm, where the regular wireless I have set up doesn't extend much past the house. This thing is giving me signal several hundred yards away! I'm also now getting a super strong signal in my reloading room there, which is awesome as I often find myself hitting the web from there (and previously getting crappy signal) for reference materials for whatever project I'm working on at the time.

The Picostation was super simple to setup. The one page instruction sheet was completely confusing, but there was a short Youtube video that uncombobulated it. Anyway, for anyone looking at extending their wireless signal, the Picostation M2HP is an awesome outdoor repeater antenna.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."