Author Topic: Iron Sky streaming on netflix  (Read 2405 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Iron Sky streaming on netflix
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:12 PM »
Moon nazis are on netflix streaming.  Watching now. [popcorn]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Iron Sky streaming on netflix
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »
Haven't watched, but was surprised by the ratings based on comments here. =|
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:13:55 PM »
Good idea for a campy comedy.

Terrible writing, acting, casting, and direction.

("Terrible" might be too kind.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 12:16:33 AM »
That was awful.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »
I was disappointed. And I had low expectations to begin with...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »
I was disappointed. And I had low expectations to begin with...
It simply didn't go full retard and run with it enough.

And that's saying something since it is based on space moon nazis
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »
It simply didn't go full retard and run with it enough.
I think they got too distracted with the attempt to make fun of the US.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 01:34:42 AM »
Just finished watching it. I thought it was freaking awesome!
Make fun of the US? There were some jokes at the expense of the US but I would hardly call it making fun of the US. ;/
There were a lot of subtle jokes in there. Like when we first see Vivian Wagner when she is flipping through the screens there are hints of Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries playing, there was actually a few scenes where they used parts of his work. Also in that same scene they re-enacted the famous seen from Downfall. I feel like the uniform she was wearing when she was commanding the ship was supposed to be a reference to something but I don't know what.
I thought this movie was really well done. I was actually expecting some really horrible movie based on what I have read here but was extremely surprised by how good it was.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 02:32:40 AM »
Good idea for a campy comedy.

Terrible writing, acting, casting, and direction.

("Terrible" might be too kind.)

Terrible is far too kind. I couldn't sit through it. It didn't even have the campiness of "Plan 9 From Outer-space" to rate watching it for the gag factor.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 12:14:17 PM »
I thought parts of it were well done.  Parts of it were over the top campy.  The ending was a bit silly, but also a bit funny.  I've see worse movies. 

The main jab at the US and conservatives in general is the idea that their Palin-like President would use Nazi propaganda in her campaign.  Liberals can never accept that they have much more in common with Nazis then limited govt conservatives. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
I thought it was hilarious, I haven't had that many belly-laughs since the last season of American Dad.  I really didn't have a problem with the Palin-esque president, it fit the style of the movie just fine.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »
THREAD NECROMANCY ALERT!!!

For those of you - try as you might - who have been unable to forget about the moon Nazis of Iron Sky, there's now a sequel in the works . . .

And there's a MOVIE TRAILER!

The Moon Nazis have DINOSAURS!!

And there's a T-Rex named - drum roll please - BLONDI!! (Gee, I wonder who had a pet named Blondi during WWII?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2utrMwTyY
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 04:26:32 PM »
I thought the ending sort of limited the sequel possibilities.  It has been a while since I watched it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »
Hollow Earth is the new hiding place... For the Nazi lizard people.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 09:49:00 PM »
Just watched that preview.  I gotta see that one when it comes out on DVD. 

Seeing the Tyrannosaur give a nazi hitler salute is just funny as hell.   =D