Author Topic: learned some things today  (Read 781 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
learned some things today
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:29:54 AM »
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/bfbis-scientology-investigation-balancing-the-first-amendment-with-charges/1270036

about how the church of scientology works. interesting article especially the part about how they beat charges by invoking "freedom of religion"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: learned some things today
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:44:27 AM »
The same applies for their drug 'treatment' program, Narconon and the affiliated organizations under different names to hide their Scientology links.  Any criticism of their results and 'treatment' program is dismissed as mainstream medicine putting them down, and shouldn't we all be taking saunas and megadoses of niacin to flush the drugs from our body?  I wonder how Narconon explains the patient deaths in their facilities and why several countries have closed down these programs. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/books/scientology-fascinates-the-author-lawrence-wright.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0  details an upcoming book about Scientology and of note, the British publisher just dropped plans to publish it, although they say this is not related to legal threats.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »
The same applies for their drug 'treatment' program, Narconon and the affiliated organizations under different names to hide their Scientology links.  Any criticism of their results and 'treatment' program is dismissed as mainstream medicine putting them down, and shouldn't we all be taking saunas and megadoses of niacin to flush the drugs from our body?  I wonder how Narconon explains the patient deaths in their facilities and why several countries have closed down these programs. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/books/scientology-fascinates-the-author-lawrence-wright.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0  details an upcoming book about Scientology and of note, the British publisher just dropped plans to publish it, although they say this is not related to legal threats.
ain't that the truth!! Thought i was gonna have to hurt some of those narconon boys 20 years ago. They like to prey on folk, particularly pretty girls in early recovery. Like pimps at the port authority
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »
Families of addicts and addicts themselves are so desperate they are especially vunerable to a scam