Author Topic: Interesting Part of the "Gun Control Wish List"  (Read 781 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Interesting Part of the "Gun Control Wish List"
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »
Interesting to me at least, since I would fall under it if it means what I think it does. I wonder if it would affect those under UCMJ as well? Or Federal Contractors?

Tanden said the idea of executive action would be on some of the smaller issues, such as federal employees giving gun-ownership information to the president.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/13/influential-think-tank-gives-obama-gun-control-proposal-that-includes-executive/#ixzz2HsGuP2Vs
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Interesting Part of the "Gun Control Wish List"
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:13:10 PM »
I was moving my lips while I read the article, so forgive me if I am asking the obvious: an executive owner compelling Federal employees to disclose if they own firearms?  Is that what this proposal means?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:56:14 PM »
That's what I read, but they're quoting a gun control advocate, so I'm waiting (till Tuesday I guess) to see the official language before I start looking at what I would personally do (or not do).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:07:29 PM »
Didn't read, but presumably this would also affect contractors and grantees receiving Fed funding. So this would likely cover me  as a state employee working on a grant.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »
Just say No. 
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 06:27:41 PM »
My take in this is to create the registration framework NOW etc. then figure out how to force the rest of us onto it later, either after the SCOTUS is packed to their liking, or legislation can be passed, or they figure out creative ways to use Obamacare, VA benefits, FHA loans... You name it to compel people to provide the data...

The bright spot is that either our enemies are truly incompetent to advocate duplication of effort like this, or the ATF's 4473's from old out of business FFL's is FUBAR.
I promise not to duck.