Author Topic: Just in case you didn't already despise Jesse Jackson...  (Read 1038 times)

erictank

• friends
Just in case you didn't already despise Jesse Jackson...
« on: January 19, 2013, 05:27:04 AM »
http://nation.foxnews.com/jesse-jackson/2013/01/18/jesse-jackson-assault-rifles-can-shoot-down-airplanes

That's right - an AR-15 is now an anti-aircraft cannon. :facepalm: Holmes, the shooter in Colorado, was a threat to the nation's air-traffic system.  [barf]

Why does ANYONE listen to these idiots?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Just in case you didn't already despise Jesse Jackson...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:34:50 AM »
These semi-automatic weapons, these assault weapons, can only kill people

So which is it Jesse? If they can only kill people, then they obviously can't shoot down airplanes.  ;/

But we knew it was going to be all rhetoric anyway, so nobody is surprised, right?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 07:57:50 AM »
He saw it happen in a movie so it must be true.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:22:32 AM »
Every time I pick up my AR a 737 falls out of the sky. I lead in the Boeing Skeet championship league.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 08:59:27 AM »
Must be something he picked up from O'Reilly.....  heavy weapons.  Got to have heavy weapons if you are going to shoot down aircraft.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I'd heard about his statement, but hadn't seen the video till now. We all think lame stuff like this is pretty unbelievable, but for people who don't know much about guns, as ridiculous as this sounds to us, it sounds absolutely plausible to them.

I've had to attempt to educate a couple of family members and several acquaintances regarding some of the misinformation that's being spewed lately. With relatives at least, I have never before had to do that. The rhetoric and misinformation that's out there with this current debate though, really seems to be catching people and requires us to be on our toes with factual and logical responses. Sometimes I think it becomes less important to write our reps and more important to educate the people around us.

As to O'Reilly. Dammit. I was starting to watch him again just after Sandy Hook because he seemed to have had a change of heart on the gun issue with the whole "heavy weapons" and "universal registration" thing. Alas, he's back to bazookas and "every gun should be registered, just like we have to register cars". I was tempted to write into his show that Bill of Rights aside, I don't have to register my car if it stays on my private property, so why should I register the gun in my house?

I've been somewhat more impressed with Hannity of late. I've been tuning  the last few nights after catching a show where he had Sheriff Tim Meuller on (the Oregon Sheriff who will not enforce Federal firearms law). Though Hannity throws a lot of hyperbole out there, his shows this past week have been predominately on the gun issue and very geared to "shall not be infringed".  
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
And we wonder why his son has problems?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 08:13:34 PM »
Must be something he picked up from O'Reilly.....  heavy weapons.  Got to have heavy weapons if you are going to shoot down aircraft.
12pound sledge?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 08:56:55 PM »

:lol:

The "Pic of the Day" on the other side of the page is Megan Fox saying she believes in Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster. I guess it's not surprising that she makes more sense than he does.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife