Author Topic: The Political Director at CBS News is Not Biased  (Read 1642 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
Re: The Political Director at CBS News is Not Biased
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »
Well, he could have said, "On my command...Unleash Hell!"

I guess that's coming.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »
A news organization with a political director.  What is wrong with this picture?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:13 PM »
When did CBS get back in the news business?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:41:08 PM »
When did CBS get back in the news business?

I suppose I should have written, "A supposed news organization..."  It would have been more accurately descriptive.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 08:42:26 PM »
A news organization with a political director.  What is wrong with this picture?

Um, I think that means that he is in charge of political news coverage.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
I suppose I should have written, "An Alleged news organization..."  It would have been more accurately descriptive.

FTFY =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:29:09 AM »
YMMV. I have long believed that the true enemy of our liberty isn't so much the politicos. I believe it's the liberal media.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 10:04:36 AM »
YMMV. I have long believed that the true enemy of our liberty isn't so much the politicos. I believe it's the liberal media.
Actually, those liars at the ultraconservative Faux News have been distorting the facts for YEARS to further their agenda - here are some examples:

Think about the time the Faux News anchor, when discussing the original AWB, used footage of machine guns being fired while he did the voice-over talking about semi-automatic firearms; when called on it, they said there was no intent to deceive, the network refused to issue a retraction, and then did the same thing again a couple of weeks later. (Oops, that was Tom Brokaw at NBC.)

Or think back to the time when the GOP took control of the House. The Faux News anchor - then still a foreign national - in a weekend address chided the American public for throwing a "tantrum" by voting out over 60 Democrats. (Just a sec - that was Peter Jennings at ABC.)

Well, you can't deny the bias when the Faux News anchor used forged documents from a dead man in an attempt to influence the results on the eve of an election. (My bad - that was Dan Rather at CBS.)

Hmmm . . . it turns out none of these were from Faux . . . errrr, Fox . . . after all.

Never mind.  ;/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 12:59:10 PM »
The media are the 800-lb. gorilla run amok.  We're going to need some nets.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 02:13:39 PM »
The media are the 800-lb. gorilla run amok.  We're going to need some nets.

At the Dallas Zoo, when the gorilla got out of its cage and menaced folks, Dallas PD shot it.  No nets.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton