Author Topic: 49ers: Culliver homophobia  (Read 9914 times)

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Re: 49ers: Culliver homophobia
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »
Not only was he guilty of speaking that which is not allowed; he committed the greater crime, the thought crime of privately holding an opinion contrary to "modern" dogma.

He said something publicly that is at odds with his employer's official position. That rarely goes well for anyone.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: 49ers: No gheyz in locker room
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 10:02:59 PM »
Guys wearing tight pants and slapping each others bottoms should really not judge others...

This. Tight, shiny pants. Only professional rasslin' is more gheyer.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 11:02:18 AM »
He said something publicly that is at odds with his employer's official position. That rarely goes well for anyone.

No doubt, best not to take the bait.

Or he could have said:

No problem! Let's just have one locker room, shared by the team and cheerleading squad also, then laughed it off  :lol:

Make a point with humor and let it go.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:06:12 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »
wait!  i guarantee that all of you shared locker rooms with gay folks.  were you all molested?  or somehow accosted?  how come it never happened to me?  i feel so unwanted.    or maybe you can recount instances of others being bothered by gay folks?  i mean other than in their mind
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
wait!  i guarantee that all of you shared locker rooms with gay folks.  were you all molested?  or somehow accosted?  how come it never happened to me?  i feel so unwanted.    or maybe you can recount instances of others being bothered by gay folks?  i mean other than in their mind
See my post re: prurience.  A spy cam in the changing room doesn't accost or molest anyone, but that doesn't make it appropriate, does it?

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »
Gays hit on me all the time. I don't go to any locker rooms, but if I did, I'm sure they'd hit on me there, too.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
So it's fine for someone to get all starry eyed at the kiddos, right? I mean, it's not hurting anyone if its JUST looking right? He'll they might not even know! So what's the harm?

How about guys just walking on in and using the ladies locker room? I mean its only looking and impure thoughts right?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
So it's fine for someone to get all starry eyed at the kiddos, right? I mean, it's not hurting anyone if its JUST looking right? He'll they might not even know! So what's the harm?

How about guys just walking on in and using the ladies locker room? I mean its only looking and impure thoughts right?

was someone getting all starry eyed?  did anyone ever have trouble with any of the known gay players in the locker room?  ever?
or is it one of those "it coulda happened that way !" moments as popularized by charlene drew jarvis.

not this guy?  http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/kwame-harris-former-player-assault-charges-ex-boyfriend-soy-sauce-underwear-012813
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
Jeez.... people are so wound up over mere "licentious looks" and a little prurient creeping about and whatnot.

What about actual assaults and murders?

I mean, it's a FACT that Black males commit a vastly disproportionate amount of the violent crime in this country. This is borne out by the FBI's, NIJ's and any number of .gov statistics. The NFL itself hasn't done much to dispel any of that trend of late either.

The whole "gay issue" should be tabled for the moment, and I think the national discussion about how Blacks should have their own locker room facilities needs to take place first.
I promise not to duck.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »
aj, stop being so rational.

We want to panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God, some dude just checked out my package.................

Sort of makes you know how the woman with the tig ole bitties at the coffee shop feels when you leer at her inappropriately, doesn't it?

Oh, right, because you are straight, it's ok to violate someone else's feelings because you can justify violating her feelings based on your beliefs, but if the shoe is on the other foot, it's morally wrong, right?
One day at a time.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 08:49:30 PM »
Someone has LOOKED AT ME Dual.

I have a sacred right not to be looked at sexually.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 08:53:40 PM »

You're assuming the gay guy even cares.  Maybe they're using the locker room as oh, I don't know, a locker room?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
Please stop being rational.  They are different, therefore they are bad. 

You're assuming the gay guy even cares.  Maybe they're using the locker room as oh, I don't know, a locker room?
One day at a time.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 08:59:23 PM »
We're concerned here, you know, not even about a threat of potential rape or sexual assault. We're concerned here about a threat of someone potentially maybe possibly thinking about it.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 09:03:18 PM »
Or, gasp, looking at you.......and maybe even smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One day at a time.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
Sure, and maybe the guy who feels like changing in the ladies or kiddies locker room is just using the locker room as oh, I don't know, a locker room?

Maybe the gym should save some money, switch to one big all sex all ages locker room. I'm sure everyone would be cool with that right? Those crazy wimmins just need to get over their irrational desire for not changing in front of guys staring at them. Parents just need to get over the guy with his balls hanging out in the same locker room as their nine year old daughter.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 09:47:25 PM »
Sort of makes you know how the woman with the tig ole bitties at the coffee shop feels when you leer at her inappropriately, doesn't it?

Oh, right, because you are straight, it's ok to violate someone else's feelings because you can justify violating her feelings based on your beliefs, but if the shoe is on the other foot, it's morally wrong, right?

So, you know people that say it's OK to wantonly ogle chicks, but have moral objections to the presence of homer-sek-shuls?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »
Yes, I do know quite a few such people. This should not be surprising.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 10:05:06 PM »
Yes, I do know quite a few such people. This should not be surprising.

They have a presence on the internet, somewhere? Or maybe there's a church like that in my area? 'Cause I really would be surprised to hear a preacher say that hetero "leering" is OK, while the homosexual variety is bad.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 10:11:24 PM »

They have a presence on the internet, somewhere? Or maybe there's a church like that in my area? 'Cause I really would be surprised to hear a preacher say that hetero "leering" is OK, while the homosexual variety is bad.

I know quite a few people IRL who think ogling women is A-OK, but homosexuality is 'creepy' or 'unmanly' or whatnot.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 10:16:40 PM »
They've told you, "I think staring at my barista's chest is morally super-duper, but gay dudes shouldn't admire my hot bod"? They've consciously expressed this view?

Anyway, Ex-MA Hole has asked members of APS if they hold to such. Let's see how many do.

I do not.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 10:23:04 PM »
I know quite a few people IRL who think ogling women is A-OK, but homosexuality is 'creepy' or 'unmanly' or whatnot.
Most people are not truly egalitarian. Thus the reason libertarian thought is rare and abnormal.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 10:31:42 PM »
So you guys are cool with hidden cameras in public bathrooms, coed changing rooms, etc?  That's fine, but the cultural norm exists whether you agree or not.  Whether or not it is a good thing at all, most people in our culture don't like being stared at sexually by strangers when undressed and vulnerable.  Mock all you like, but that is pretty normal. As has been repeatedly pointed out, that is the whole reason we have separate changing facilities.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 10:43:33 PM »
They've told you, "I think staring at my barista's chest is morally super-duper, but gay dudes shouldn't admire my hot bod"? They've consciously expressed this view?

Anyway, Ex-MA Hole has asked members of APS if they hold to such. Let's see how many do.

I do not.

Fistful, I have large breast and most of my friends (just friends) are male.

And over many years, I have learned one key fact. The pinnicle of the hetrosexual male pschy is BOOBS. Some mouthbreathers stare at nice (or large, or flat or lopsided or whatever, doesn't matter, if there is some form of boob, they look at it) in a drooly and disconcerning way. Others (in fact, most) are more gentlemanly about it. They try not to get caught. These men know women don't like getting the impression that they are a walking, talking pair of boobs.

But they still look. They don't even have to be intrested in the woman in question or even like the boobs, but they still make a quick glance at the chest.

The point I am making is no man can claim they don't take a peak at body features that they find attractive and the vast majority of men regularly (and sometimes it even seems unconcious) check the boobs, butt and face of the females in their vacinity.

So, no, IMHO, absolutly none of you can claim you don't check out those in this world you find attractive, where ever you happen to be, and if you get whiney about the few guys who might be assessing you, clearly, you are a hypocrite.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 10:48:54 PM »
Which is entirely besides the point.