Author Topic: New Conservative "facebook"  (Read 530 times)

InfidelSerf

• friend
New Conservative "facebook"
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »
Has anyone else seen this, it's official launch is this Saturday...
https://www.teapartycommunity.com/

Ridiculous idea or about time?
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Re: New Conservative "facebook"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »

I has rant.

[rant]
        I have noticed a tendency among some "organizer" types to indulge in Internet domain names
        which are awkwardly long or unnecessarily polysyllabic.

bunch-of-people-who-should-get-together.com
        community-organizer-central.com
        people-friendly-to-my-point-of-view.com
        site-name-proclaiming-my-political-leanings.com

There is a reason that "Twitter" and "FaceBook" do so well, quite aside from the service they provide.
        The name is clever, punchy, and short.

If you want to create a new social gettin'-together site, and you want to make it clear that
        you don't indulge in petty prejudice and capricious viewpoint banning, find a better way to
        say it than www.we-welcome-all-viewpoints-here-without-prejudice.com -- take a little
        time and work out a domain name that has some punch, gets your point across, and doesn't
        ramble.

For gawd's sake already.
[/rant]

Thanks.

I feel much better.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."