Author Topic: Anyone going to see Die Hard?  (Read 3914 times)

CypherNinja

• friend
Anyone going to see Die Hard?
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »
After the Stallone comments I started to keep an eye out. Knew he'd get asked eventually. Knew what he'd say.  :laugh:

I'm going opening night.  :cool:

http://www.walb.com/story/20977135/bruce-willis-dont-infringe-on-second-amendment

EDIT: Sorry mods, I meant to post this in Politics.
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Anyone going to see Die Hard?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »
I saw that, too.  Ayup, I'll go see John McClane.  I lurvs me some Die Hard.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »
I learned from this thread, http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=38119.0, actors are liars and their opinions didn't matter.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:36:32 AM »
I learned from this thread, http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=38119.0, actors are liars and their opinions didn't matter.

Chris

:lol:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »

Chris

Sure, but at least he's lying for our side!
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
Anyone going to see Die Hard?

I appreciate Bruce Willis' comments on RKBA, however, I'm still not enamored with the Hollywood pattern of constantly returning to old wells where they know there's "some water" with endless remakes and sequels rather than striking out on their own.

So that said...

[Tard the frowny cat] No. [/Tard the frowny cat]
I promise not to duck.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »
At this point it is morbid curiosity to see how they can keep a franchise going so long and to wait for the expected, tired, but still somehow funny lines. Kinda like the reasons I might have to watch Conan.

The Stallone thing was disappointing since when he did that last Rambo he put a lot of money into support of the Burmese rebels who were opposing a tyrannical government with guns!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »
I predict that McClane Jr will say the iconic words, and McClane Sr will object.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 05:25:06 PM »
Dad's pretty much given up on the local movie theaters. They're all posted.
So, DVD, but yes, it will be seen.

John McClain is awesomeness drenched in awesome sauce, no matter how old or clieched he gets.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 08:12:13 PM »
Only ever saw the first Die Hard.  Am I missing anything good not having seen the others?

FTR, my favorite Bruce Willis character is the boxer he played in Pulp Fiction.  The Gold Watch. Oh, and Walken's monolog rocked. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
Only ever saw the first Die Hard.  Am I missing anything good not having seen the others?

FTR, my favorite Bruce Willis character is the boxer he played in Pulp Fiction.  The Gold Watch. Oh, and Walken's monolog rocked. 

The second one has the two most famouse Glock quotes in the world. As far as any hollywood gun screw up goes, those two take the cake, IMHO.

You just havn't lived until you hear someone say that Glocks are made out of porcelin, which is why they can go,through metal detectors without it going off.
 :laugh:

I like all of them, although I did get a little bit bent out of shape on the third, because I thought they should remain a Christmas movie francise.
But it has SLJ in it, which works well with McClain.

As for favorite Bruce Willis character, hands down John Smith in Last Man Standing, although I do like Lt Waters (Tears of the Sun) and, my second favorite is Joe Hallenback (The Last Boyscout)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »

The 3rd one with Samuel L Jackson is worth watching.   Funny as *expletive deleted*it.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:01 AM »
The 3rd one with Samuel L Jackson is worth watching.   Funny as *expletive deleted*.

Zeus: Why do you keep calling me 'Jesus'? Do I look Puerto Rican to you?
John McClane: Guy back there called you 'Jesus'.
Zeus: He didn't say 'Jesus'. He said, "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus.
John McClane: Zeus?
Zeus: Yeah, Zeus. As in father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't *expletive deleted*ck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass? Zeus! You got a problem with that?

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 12:02:26 PM »
Awwwwww man, reviews are saying it's the worst of the series.  :'(

Maybe I won't see it in theaters....
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 12:38:48 PM »

I hear RED 2 is also coming out.

I'm not sure how you follow RED.  At least most of the characters survived round one, but they'll need a new face or two if they're gonna do round two.

Look on the bright side.  At least they're not in remakes of Moonlighting.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »

I'm not sure how you follow RED.  At least most of the characters survived round one, but they'll need a new face or two if they're gonna do round two.

"I'm getting the pig!"

:laugh:

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
RED was an intensely enjoyable movie. All my friends who saw it looked at Malkovich's character then back at me and said "That's you in 40 years"
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 02:57:07 PM »
RED was an intensely enjoyable movie. All my friends who saw it looked at Malkovich's character then back at me and said "That's you in 40 years"

I saw it and LOVED it. Absolutly perfect. The humor was just spot on timing.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »

Sir Anthony Hopkins, and David Thewlis (presumably both playing retired agents from across the pond, associates of Victoria's?). And RED is one of those movies that I can watch endlessly. Bruce Willis does good action movies, generally, and the the notion of all these distinguished actors playing deadly retired assassin-types is inherently humorous. Add to that the funny writing? Yeah, that's a good time. The wife and I will be going to see this in the theater, I'm sure.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 06:05:48 PM »
Wait, it's going to take 40 years? I think they're underestimating you.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 06:12:28 PM »
Wait, it's going to take 40 years? I think they're underestimating you.

Well, let's test it.

Jocasse, what's the government trying to do to you?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »
Dad's pretty much given up on the local movie theaters. They're all posted.
So, DVD, but yes, it will be seen.

John McClain is awesomeness drenched in awesome sauce, no matter how old or clieched he gets.

here in NV you can safely ignore posted zones that do not have metal detectors - unless its a sneaky federal reg like burningman
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 12:23:37 AM »
Meant to see it tonight, will see it either Saturday or Sunday, insha'Allah and the creek don't rise.