Author Topic: Nugent to Attend State of the Union Address  (Read 7700 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
Re: Nugent to Attend State of the Union Address
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 11:41:50 AM »
hes a flawed human.  i can't say much i am also flawed. just not in those particular ways.  not sure about his draft story.  ted mighta been bs'ing. i've known other guys to fib about things like that. at that time it was a matter of great shame not to serve for many. he might prefer his story to some other truth
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 11:47:29 AM »

Well, they don't call him the Motorcity Mad Man for nothing.

CSD forgot the mess with the 17 year old Hawian girl.

But I think Uncle Ted's biggest issue is that he just doesn't seem to have a filter between his brain and his mouth. The results can be funny, but not very wise.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 11:49:36 AM »

Well, they don't call him the Motorcity Mad Man for nothing.

CSD forgot the mess with the 17 year old Hawian girl.

But I think Uncle Ted's biggest issue is that he just doesn't seem to have a filter between his brain and his mouth. The results can be funny, but not very wise.

i didn't forget  i just was 32 and dating a 19 year old so i kept quiet.  i had her folks permission but did not get myself declared her guardian

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:01 AM »
I don't care much about the 17 year old (Isn't the age of consent in hawaii like 15?), and I don't care much about the bear.

One thing i can't abide is a draft dodger.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:41 AM »
i didn't forget  i just was 32 and dating a 19 year old so i kept quiet.  i had her folks permission but did not get myself declared her guardian

Well, when it comes to age, sometimes three years really does make a diffrence.
19 doesn't need a gardian (or permission to marry, for that matter)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »

Well put.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 12:26:50 PM »

Well put.

fistful agreed with me?
:O
Oh dear lord, I need a drink and hug.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
It is irritating to me having to redirect the discussion away from Ted's antics when discussing the human right of self defense and the second amendment with anti's or the uninformed.

I appreciate his efforts on the subject and overall it outweighs the negatives most likely.

He just unfortunately is a loose cannon and somewhat divisive. He is no role model or someone to emulate. He comes off as more of a media caricature than actual person and that can distract from the seriousness of the issue.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:56:55 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 12:45:42 PM »
As someone mentioned above, I think Nugent works very well in head to heads with people like Piers Morgan or Chris Mathews, or even, in the right setting, "telling it like it is" Nugent style regarding politicians like Pelosi and Schumer. There are some venues where telling someone to "kiss my ass" is sometimes the right thing to do, such as in an interview with Piers Morgan. I think he also works well firing up gunowners, like at NRA events.

I don't think he works well at events like press conferences, or say, post State of the Union interviews. My one fear is that being in the audience at the address, that he shouts something out while Obama is speaking. Would definitely not look good.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 01:03:46 PM »
Ted is "a brand" first and foremost and supporting gun ownership is part of that brand.

Hopefully he will keep the cause in mind in instances where what is best for Ted "The Brand" is not necessarily best for the cause.   
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 01:34:12 PM »
Ted is "a brand" first and foremost and supporting gun ownership is part of that brand.

Hopefully he will keep the cause in mind in instances where what is best for Ted "The Brand" is not necessarily best for the cause.   

This. As an entertainer, his behavior is tied to a persona. As an individual, he may advocate a view I agree with, but the wacky persona dilutes or misdirects it. In that respect he is a potential liability to serious argument.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
Ted's negatives or positives aside, what is the point of attending a speech by the leader of the occupation forces?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
Keep your enemies closer.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »
Recon?

Maintaining a presence?

Visual reminder that he didn't get 100% of the electoral or popular vote?
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 07:21:57 PM »
I may actually watch or listen to this one.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
I may actually watch or listen to this one.
No way in hell I'm gonna watch this in real time.  I'd rather read the postmortems.  Not as likely to  [barf] or throw something at the teevee.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 09:02:43 PM »
I don't think he works well at events like press conferences, or say, post State of the Union interviews. My one fear is that being in the audience at the address, that he shouts something out while Obama is speaking. Would definitely not look good.

I don't know, might liven things up a bit. I think we treat these occasions with a sense of gravity and respect that they simply aren't due. The SOTUA tends to be fairly meaningless, and at this point is nothing but a giant media circus, except all the clowns are wearing three-piece suits. I think it'd be vastly better if the crowd was more...interactive.  >:D
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:59 PM »
No way in hell I'm gonna watch this in real time.  I'd rather read the postmortems.  Not as likely to  [barf] or throw something at the teevee.

I kind of wanted to see what he would say about gun control.

I just turned it off.  It's mostly, uhh, "hooey."  Something that my Dad the dairy and pig farmer would say gave off the "Smell of money".

And Preacherman's still depressing.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 10:05:34 PM »
Nuge is great when firing up the pro-RKBA base.  Not as great convincing fence-sitters.
I keep hearing about them but I aint met a whole lot of fence sitters. Most everybody I run into has strong feelings one way or the other.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »
And cue Obama tap-dancing the body of a dead girl....   :mad:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 11:10:44 PM »
I listened for about 15 minutes, in which I figure he came up with about a half trillion dollars worth of "investments". I then gave up and just let the DVR buffer run and came back to fast forward to the gun control part, which was easy to spot because you knew he was gonna have Giffords there. He managed to make himself look like a fire and brimstone preacher on his call for a vote.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 11:28:34 PM »
Why do I get a headache by watching this dishonest drivel? Maybe it's due to the hyper concentrated human refuse and their incessant yes-man clapping... the people responsible for executing the ruin of a Nation all packed in the same room... damn.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 08:49:43 AM »
. . . He managed to make himself look like a fire and brimstone preacher on his call for a vote.
He reminded me more of some banana republic dictator or president-for-life with a personality cult . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain