Author Topic: Nugent to Attend State of the Union Address  (Read 7699 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Nugent to Attend State of the Union Address
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
This could be good, or bad. Either way, it will probably be entertaining. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/11/rocker-nra-member-ted-nugent-to-attend-obama-state-union-address/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Frank Castle

• friend
Re: Nugent to Attend State of the Union Address
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »
I agree

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
Can we have him give the Republican response?  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »

He couldn't possibly do any worse,  and the media couldn't just ignore him.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »
I can't see him attending for any other reason than to make a scene. He's so great for our image.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »
Really?

The Nuge has done a lot more to support and promote 2A than the majority of people on this forum.

He even took Jim Zumbo, whom we all pretty much wrote off as a hopeless FUDD, out for AR-15 live-fire familiarization.   
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »
Really?

The Nuge has done a lot more to support and promote 2A than the majority of people on this forum.

He even took Jim Zumbo, whom we all pretty much wrote off as a hopeless FUDD, out for AR-15 live-fire familiarization.   

He has also done it a lot more damage.

While I love the Nudge for all his crazy rock and roll ways, he has been a bit more of a liability at times.

Sometimes, as much as the family loves that crazy old uncle, you just want to stick him in closet and avoid the embarassment.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
There is a time and place for Ted Nugent. He does well against the likes of that wanker Piers Morgan. I do think that there are other people out there that represent gun owners better in more serious venues, but the media just isn't interested in them. "The Nuge" gets ratings, hence most of the attention, for better or for worse.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:39:59 PM »

This +10....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:41:04 PM »

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 09:43:59 PM »
I prefer the Nuge to kooks like Alex Jones, but I think there are plenty of other better ambassadors for gun rights.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »
Former Arizona Democratic Rep Gabrielle Giffords, severely injured in a 2011 mass shooting, and husband Mark Kelly will be special guests of Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain and Democratic Rep. Ron Barber, who also was injured in the Giffords' shooting and won her seat in November.

I'm finding less and less use for McCain all the time.   :mad:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 08:34:06 AM »
Considering the strong possibility spinelessrepublicans will cave on at least background checks for all transfers, perhaps the Nuge is the perfect spokes person for the opposition.  He will articulate outrage far more effectively than Pratt or Lapierre.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 09:37:26 AM »
Nuge is great when firing up the pro-RKBA base.  Not as great convincing fence-sitters.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 09:47:46 AM »
Pretty soon there will be no fence. Any in the middle with a shred of ability to think for themselves have probably bought a gun in the last few months. The rest? Screw'em. I kind of like Terrible Ted. At the very least he is a handy trip wire, no way I'm higher on the list than he is.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
People like to say Nugent is crazy...

Anyone care to point out a crazy thing he's done?

Other than played rock and roll.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 10:43:25 AM »

Not so much crazyness but definatly some stuff that doesn't help the image of "responcible gun owner"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/04/20/ted-nugent-guilty-black-bear-kill_n_1442290.html

*sigh* my very liberal boss was an eager beager to bring this story up when it came out.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
Not so much crazyness but definatly some stuff that doesn't help the image of "responcible gun owner"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/04/20/ted-nugent-guilty-black-bear-kill_n_1442290.html

*sigh* my very liberal boss was an eager beager to bring this story up when it came out.

Meh. Some of the folks who dislike nugent have done much worse. Color me unimpressed.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »
Meh. Some of the folks who dislike nugent have done much worse. Color me unimpressed.

Yeah, but they don't always manage to make national news with there screw ups.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 10:50:48 AM »
Yeah, but they don't always manage to make national news with there screw ups.

Well, of course not.

Media slams of Nugent are not enough to make me think he's hurting our cause. If anything, the way the media portrays him means they've selected him as an enemy, which means he's effective.

The media, the left, they all say he's crazy. I was just wondering if anyone knew why, that's all. Filling a bear tag by wounding one is bullshit. The bear survived. The one he took SHOULD have been legal. Hunting rules are mostly retarded.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 10:59:26 AM »
I prefer the Nuge to kooks like Alex Jones, but I think there are plenty of other better ambassadors for gun rights.

There were better ambassadors, but that was in a different time when we were not dealing with the baldfaced kind of gun-grabbing tyranny we are today.

We don't need a lot more Good Quiet Men like John Boehner and Mitch McConnell and Eric Cantor and the rest.  We need fighters.  Same applies to everything else going on.  Politics is theater.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »
Well, of course not.

Media slams of Nugent are not enough to make me think he's hurting our cause. If anything, the way the media portrays him means they've selected him as an enemy, which means he's effective.

The media, the left, they all say he's crazy. I was just wondering if anyone knew why, that's all. Filling a bear tag by wounding one is bullshit. The bear survived. The one he took SHOULD have been legal. Hunting rules are mostly retarded.

We arn't talking about the people who see this and doubt the media spin. We arn't talking about people who understand how retarded hunting laws are.

We are talking about Dick and Jane Average Liberal, who've never touched a gun, don't really like guns and don't see what the big deal is when polititions talk about gun control.
Seeing someone like the Nuge breaking hunting laws and equating him with all gun owners is not particularly great. Now they don't just not see why not ban guns, they have a reason for it.

This is where the media and the liberal agenda have the advantage (and have always had the advantage) they "look" better to that wide swath of middle that doesn't really care one way or the other, but still has a vote.

National news spends all their time busting Ted Nugent for his hunting boo boos, throughs in a tidbit about him being a "Pro Second Amendment and Hunting Advocate" and people think his mistakes are representations of that. What they don't hear about is all the good things he has done and supported.

*shrug* I like Uncle Ted. I think he's a hoot and his commentary on the upcoming SOU should be a riot. It doesn't change the fact that this is someone who represents us and I can't help but :facepalm: when his hijinxs arn't very flattering.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »

I don't know that he's crazy, but he pops off with a lot of adolescent blubber that fulfills many of the stereotypes the left already believes in.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »
Calling Ted Nugent a flawed messenger is an understatement.

He doesn't represent me at all, I agree with him on the gun issue and enjoy some of his music and that is as far as that goes.

The way he has lived his life is a target rich environment for anyone who wants to discredit him and the positions he holds.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 11:21:05 AM »

The way he has lived his life is a target rich environment for anyone who wants to discredit him and the positions he holds.

Examples?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog