Author Topic: Oh, no! My tax refund has been rejected!  (Read 3772 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Oh, no! My tax refund has been rejected!
« on: February 12, 2013, 09:55:41 AM »
Just got this email:

Hereby we hav to inform that Your Federal Tax Transaction Appeal ({ID: 507234887638), recently has been NOT ACCEPTED.If you believe that IRS did not properly estimate your case due to  miscomprehension of the fact(s), be prepared to  equip additional information. You can obtain  rejection details and re-submit your appeal by using a link below.Please enter official website for detailsInternal Revemue Service
Internal Revenue Services United States, Department of Treasury777-943 UltricesHours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 11:30AM - 16:30PM your local time.

I don't know what UltricesHours are. Is that anything like Happy Hour?

HankB

• friend
Re: Oh, no! My tax refund has been rejected!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »
Is the IRS now outsourcing services to Nigeria?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »
Is the IRS now outsourcing services to Nigeria?

We probably owe Nigeria money.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
Makes me wonder if you're on some sort of favorites list for scammers...

Better than an audit.  :P

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »
Better than an audit. 

I've had two IRS audits (plus WI state audits). One took three full days. I'd rather have scammers. ;)

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »
"due to miscomprehension of the fact(s)"?
Interesting terminology. Must be genuine, only the gubmint would say that.
UltricesHours probly has sumpthin to do with homeland security or water boarding.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »
"due to miscomprehension of the fact(s)"?
Interesting terminology. Must be genuine, only the gubmint would say that.
UltricesHours probly has sumpthin to do with homeland security or water boarding.

Not to mention "be prepared to  equip additional information."

Translation of "ultrice" into english:

Italian         ultrice

English        avenging

Sounds like Ultricehours is the name for a new IRS program to deal with tax cheats scooped up in Nigerian scams.

Ooh!  You've obviously done gone and pissed somebody off.

If you sell tickets, you could pobably raise enough cash tyo pay the tax you owed.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »
Another dead give away "your local time".
What email address was it from? Something ending in .nigeria?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Myself

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
And what is 16:30PM?  Isn't that like tommorow?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »
Internal Revenue Service
Washington D.C

Be informed that we have resolved every requirement concerning the release of your worth  $10.5 Million US Dollars which came from Africa. The USA government has mandated the FBI to sign the fund release bond. So you are free of any more requirements from the FBI. Get back to us so that we can advice you on how to receive the fund.

Respond immediately to receive your funds. Do also confirm your telephone number to this office for proper communication.

Note that the government requires you to receive this fund so that we can get the Tax from the fund after the transfer into your account. So to avoid charging you for tax evasion it is most important that you pick up this fund immediately.

Thanks,

Steven Miller
IRS Commissioner
Washington D.C,

Well, instead of having a refund rejected, it looks like I'm going to be getting some money!  (Although the IRS wants its cut.)

Surprised the IRS has outsourced their email to admin@ksmedianet.de . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »
Well, instead of having a refund rejected, it looks like I'm going to be getting some money!  (Although the IRS wants its cut.)

Surprised the IRS has outsourced their email to admin@ksmedianet.de . . .

Can we be friends?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »

No, they just dropped an apostrophe. There's ONE clerk assigned to this type of case, and her name is Ultrice Bagley. You can only reach her between the hours of 11:30 and 16:30.

Although how Ultrice knows how to adjust her hours to your local time remains a bit of a mystery. That's why she's such a valuable employee of the IRS.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 10:49:10 PM »
Looked legit when they emailed me.  And it only cost me $3000 to get them to drop the charges.  Oh, and the $247 handling charge.
But now I got this official looking letter in the mail from them and they still want money.  What's up with that?  :O  You think I should forward the guys that sent the letter the emails they sent me earlier?   =|
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 11:43:56 PM »
Here I'll forward the FBI contact info I received the other day to help you deal with those pesky scammers. The FBI even offered me 10 Millions US Dollars if I would cooperate with them!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
Maybe they would accept some tactical mocs for payment.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 08:39:39 PM »
I am impressed with the author.  From 70's rock icon to IRS agent.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!