Author Topic: oh Joe!  (Read 4466 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
oh Joe!
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:46 AM »
Joe Biden on guns, answering questions... words fail me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqPNwOUXdvY
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: oh Joe!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:53:12 AM »
Words never fail joe. When he opens his mouth the stupid just pours out.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:21:15 AM »
Wow!  Somebody needs to talk to the VP about the 4 rules.  The silliness starts at 07:10 if you don't want to sit through the whole thing.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:46 AM »
Some shotgun company ought to steal the clip where he says "Buy a shotgun...buy a shotgun."  I mean, if the VP recommends it, it should be a great endorsement of the product, right?   ;/
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
What's up with the effeminate he-she doing the lobbed softball style interview? :rofl:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:20:54 AM »
What's up with the effeminate he-she doing the lobbed softball style interview? :rofl:

I couldn't tell initially when the interview started, was it a he or a she?  I am leaning towards a he but I am not 100% sold.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27:43 AM »
This is how I know Obama isn't serious about gun control

He put joe in charge
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
Can you imagine if Cheney recommended indiscriminately shooting a shotgun into the woods?

That Obama/Biden were elected not once but twice shows you how far gone this country is. Our nation populated with folks who have no concept of constitutional government.

What should we expect? The fifth column gained control of the education system and media and is now the mainstream. 24/7 propaganda and disinformation has bore its fruit. A nation of morons who elect vipers or other morons.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »
This is how I know Obama isn't serious about gun control

He put joe in charge

At first I was convinced they were going for the whole hog.

But now, after seeing what most of them are spitting out in the interviews and what the media is spouting......they're after "universal" background checks.  They put it all on the table, then scream "compromise!" and we "give up" background checks. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
Can you imagine if Cheney recommended indiscriminately shooting a shotgun into the woods?

Can you imagine what would happen to any of us who indiscriminately fired two shot into the air because we "heard something"? Of course he tells his wife to do that - she would face no legal consequences for doing so, unlike you or I.

One of the most off-putting things about Biden is that anytime he answers a question he doesn't agree with he starts off with a smarmy laugh in, I guess, an attempt to de-legitmize the person asking the question, as he did to "Kate" around 6:22.

I will say that he got one thing right without knowing it: At 5:40 he says, "You should have no law unless the law you have prevents all violations of that law." He is EXACTLY right, but probably not for the reasons he thinks. Much like the 2nd Amendment, where the emphasis is on "shall not be infringed", the emphasis on his statement should be on "you should have no law". We shouldn't indiscriminately create laws that can't be enforced just to create laws. That's exactly what he and Obama want to do. We are supposed to be a nation where everything that is not expressly forbidden is allowed; not a nation where everything not expressly allowed is forbidden. The former creates a nation with fewer laws, but sensible laws. The latter creates totalitarianism and a nation where pretty much everyone becomes a criminal, often without knowing it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
I watched. I took notes.

I almost barfed a few times.

What is with his hard on for double barrel shotguns?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »
I watched. I took notes.

Because everyone knows us bitter-clinger gun types walk around in Osh Kosh overalls and no T-shirt or shoes, with a side by side shotgun to git us a rabbit or opossum for supper. ;/

And the rich elite blue blood snobs like Romney and Cheney and Biden all have $10,000 Beretta or other Italian over/unders for busting clays and drinking sparkling white wine under a pristine white tent in the middle of the country club at Martha's Vinyard.

Hence, those are the only needs for firearms, ever.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »

It's Pat!
"The slide rule is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                     - Darth Calculus

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
I couldn't tell initially when the interview started, was it a he or a she?  I am leaning towards a he but I am not 100% sold.

It's a politically correct s/he*. They haven't quite perfected it yet, trying to get racial skin texture a correct neutral.

*If you've seen this term before in print and always wondered what it referred to, now you know.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »
I watched. I took notes.

If you have any doubt about just how much they are willing to infringe on the Second Amendment... be assured that their agenda is to take away everything and leave us with double barreled shotguns, so long as their barrels are not under 18". Seriously... that's where the MAY stop and cool down.

Here is the hit list in order of attack:

>Full Autos
>Semi Auto Rifles and shotguns
>Handguns (all handguns)
>Repeat action centerfire rifles and shotguns

The Second Amendment guarantees: You may own a single shot rifle or double barrel shotgun, provided you:
1) prove a legitimate need for one (general self defense does not count),
2) obtain the unobtanium license, passing the universally disqualifying background check
3) keep it under chain and lock when not at the skeet range, or in the field during hunting season,
4) store your 500/year (total) FFL recorded limited supply of ammunition in a separate residential structure,
5) are willing to comply with surprise inspections by government agents to make sure the gun hasn't escaped from captivity.

Yes.. they promise they won't infringe on those "rights".

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
If you have any doubt about just how much they are willing to infringe on the Second Amendment... be assured that their agenda is to take away everything and leave us with double barreled shotguns, so long as their barrels are not under 18". Seriously... that's where the MAY stop and cool down.

Here is the hit list in order of attack:

>Full Autos
>Semi Auto Rifles and shotguns
>Handguns (all handguns)
>Repeat action centerfire rifles and shotguns

The Second Amendment guarantees: You may own a single shot rifle or double barrel shotgun, provided you:
1) prove a legitimate need for one (general self defense does not count),
2) obtain the unobtanium license, passing the universally disqualifying background check
3) keep it under chain and lock when not at the skeet range, or in the field during hunting season,
4) store your 500/year (total) FFL recorded limited supply of ammunition in a separate residential structure,
5) are willing to comply with surprise inspections by government agents to make sure the gun hasn't escaped from captivity.

Yes.. they promise they won't infringe on those "rights".

Oh, I doubt Joe wants us to have even single shot rifles...

Probably because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with one...

Also, apparently the little woman can handle all 12 gauge double barrel shotguns, but can't handle "big" rifle calibers, like a .223  ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

erictank

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
Oh, I doubt Joe wants us to have even single shot rifles...

Probably because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with one...

Also, apparently the little woman can handle all 12 gauge double barrel shotguns, but can't handle "big" rifle calibers, like a .223  ;/

Yeah, I liked the bit about the AR being tougher to shoot accurately than a double-barrel shotgun... :facepalm:

My wife could certainly shoot my AR much more easily and accurately than the Mossberg 590A1 I intend to own. There's NO question of that.

The part where he advocates the commission of an actual CRIME when you think you might have heard something (by discharging said SxS indiscriminately) was good, too.  :rofl:

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 06:10:29 PM »
I will try to be polite...  I love that phrase when Biden uses it....  Cracks me up.  If you don't agree with something, give me reasons why you don't agree with something.  Biden is fixated on a double barrel shotgun. Must be a two round thing.  I think they are still legal in Australia, which is pretty much the kind of law Obama and Feinstein would like to have.  Hasn't anyone told him that you still have to aim a shotgun inside a building at short ranges? 
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 06:14:44 PM »
I will try to be polite...  I love that phrase when Biden uses it....  Cracks me up.  If you don't agree with something, give me reasons why you don't agree with something.  Biden is fixated on a double barrel shotgun. Must be a two round thing.  I think they are still legal in Australia, which is pretty much the kind of law Obama and Feinstein would like to have.  Hasn't anyone told him that you still have to aim a shotgun inside a building at short ranges? 

Duh... You don't need to aim at anything. See, you just go out on your balcony (because everyone has a blacony) and shoot both your rounds out into the dark.
That *always* makes the criminal wet his britches and run away.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 06:31:18 PM »
Yeah, I liked the bit about the AR being tougher to shoot accurately than a double-barrel shotgun... :facepalm:

My wife could certainly shoot my AR much more easily and accurately than the Mossberg 590A1 I intend to own. There's NO question of that.

The part where he advocates the commission of an actual CRIME when you think you might have heard something (by discharging said SxS indiscriminately) was good, too.  :rofl:

Oh, I snorted at that.

I can handle the Siaga. I shot a total of 5 rounds. I hit what I was aiming at and I did pull a fast double tap.

I honestly wasn't much intrested in shooting that last round. My shoulder hurt. Not just hurt, but the kinda hurt that you *know* that doing that again is going to start bringing tears to your eyes.

I can't see that a reasonable lady who isn't all gung ho guns like I am would enjoy shooting something that hurts, especially when there are plenty of options avalible with less pain involved.

And if they don't enjoy it, then they arn't going to practice. Which leads to the probability of an incorrectly shouldered shotgun resulting in a cracked coller bone. (and yes, I knew a girl that had a cracked coller bone due to a jerk who thought it was funny to hand her a 12 gauge and didn't give her proper instruction)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »
Heh, heh - Ben Shapiro on Twitchy:

Only Biden would say best defense is to fire a traditional double barreled shotgun into the air twice. Now your gun is empty, moron.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »
Heh, heh - Ben Shapiro on Twitchy:

:rofl:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 08:20:15 PM »
I think it's intentional.  Can't have the proles killing off bad guys.  No more bad guys and the police don't have jobs!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 10:16:34 PM »
I think it's intentional.  Can't have the proles killing off bad guys.  No more bad guys and the police don't have jobs!

As soon as the proles figure out how self reliant they can be and how little they need government, the whole gig is up!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 10:49:58 PM »

Nah its not popo job security. Its criminals of a higher class protecting their less fortunate brethren...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!