Author Topic: Obama Fatigue  (Read 1040 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Obama Fatigue
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:37:41 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Waitone

• friend
Re: Obama Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:56:53 PM »
Actually it is setting in earlier than I thought.  Usually by year 6 the president is functionally irrelevant.  If he loses sequestration he becomes irrelevant much earlier than that.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 08:29:02 AM »
Actually it is setting in earlier than I thought.  Usually by year 6 the president is functionally irrelevant.  If he loses sequestration he becomes irrelevant much earlier than that.

Because he's such a novice and convinced of his own superiority, I am certain that a) Obama was convinced he couldn't lose the sequester fight and b) didn't realize how much political capital he was staking on an unimportant fight. (Of course, we have yet to see if he will suffer any loss of credibility after he loses... IF he loses. I have a great deal of faith in the ability of the Republicans to screw this up.)

The "cool" people voted for Obama this time only because they were convinced McRomney was the DEVIL. *(Sort of the same as: we don't have a plan, we just don't like your plan) They didn't vote FOR Obama this time. I don't think the Obama's realize that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 08:41:33 AM »
... (Of course, we have yet to see if he will suffer any loss of credibility after he loses... IF he loses. I have a great deal of faith in the ability of the Republicans to screw this up.)

The Rs will screw it up ... but in the court of public opinion Obama can't lose as long as the media covers for him ...  :cool:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 09:15:58 PM »
The "cool" people voted for Obama this time only because they were convinced McRomney was the DEVIL. *(Sort of the same as: we don't have a plan, we just don't like your plan) They didn't vote FOR Obama this time. I don't think the Obama's realize that.

^^Switch Obama with Romney/Republican and it will still hold true.

Never vote for whom you like (that's throwing your vote away), vote against whom you do not like... it's the American waaaaaay!

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"