Author Topic: Beretta may grow a pair.  (Read 1287 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Beretta may grow a pair.
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:11:38 AM »
http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=1991914.proteus.fma#quickPage_html_page_22995_content_89736160_pageNum_1

He also told lawmakers that Beretta and two related companies over roughly the past 17 years have paid or are projected to pay $31 million in state taxes. And the group has invested or plans to invest an estimated $73 million over the same period.

"We are confronted with a state government that wants to ban our products at a time, by the way, when numerous other state governments are courting our investment," Reh added.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Beretta may grow a pair.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:31:56 AM »
Let's hope they follow through.

Next it can be food companies that are being harassed by the likes of Mayor Bloomberg. If it continues this way, the only businesses liberal states will have will be organic food markets and MJ paraphernalia stores.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 02:08:14 AM »
I wish more gun manufacturers would move to free states
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 09:32:06 AM »
Let's hope they follow through.

Next it can be food companies that are being harassed by the likes of Mayor Bloomberg. If it continues this way, the only businesses liberal states will have will be organic food markets and MJ paraphernalia stores.

Nah, they'll put a hefty sin tax on those, and then the head shops will leave town too. :lol:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »
I fully expect a "sin tax" being implemented on pot sales in CO and CA.  The state has to allow the "industry" to become established as a normal business in the state before they can start to do it effectively or the production and sale will go underground again.

I also hope that Beretta and any related businesses move locations if these more restrictive laws are passed in a particular state.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »
I wish WI had better corporate and property taxes.

Now that we've broken our public sector unions, we stand a good chance of getting redder over time, and keeping things from getting worse, but WI is a tax hell still.

I'd love to work for a firearms mfg, even if just in my usual IT capacity. Working for a company who's products I liked, used myself, or "believed in" would be motivating. There are a few here in WI, but no listings that I can find.

Yes, I realize it's not that "much of a dream" or I'd be willing to move my family and try to get out from under my mortgage to make it happen etc. rather than just wish they'd "come to me".
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 11:13:36 AM »
"Beretta Mfg., Italy, TX" has a nice ring to it......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy,_Texas

R(h)ome, TX could work, too.....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhome,_TX
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »
About seven years ago I applied for a customer service position at Sigarms in NH.  The interview went great, and I got a tour of the facility.  Then, back at the HR guy's office, he told me the CSR position had been filled already, and he offered me an assembly position for the same pay rate.  Unfortunately, I was still recovering from a hip injury at the time and I couldn't stand for eight hours a shift as the position required.

I would have been mating slides to frames for P-series pistols, nothing technical.  I sorely wish there was a way that I could have done it, but it required constantly moving between racks of frames and racks of slides, no chance to sit down.  I was also pretty pissed off that the HR guy pulled a bait-and-switch on me, as he didn't tell me that the CSR position was filled until after the tour.  And I explicitly mentioned my physical limitations in the interview, too. :fire:

Anyway, I am still looking for full time work, so I've got my eye on Ruger, Colt, and Sigarms.  I wouldn't mind doing CSR work for them.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »
"Beretta Mfg., Italy, TX" has a nice ring to it......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy,_Texas

R(h)ome, TX could work, too.....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhome,_TX

Most anywhere you can think of, there is a town named that in Texas.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge