Author Topic: Shipping cost comparison  (Read 571 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Shipping cost comparison
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
So I ordered some new motorcycle soft luggage (Nelson Rigg Adventure Dry bags).  As soon as I received them and put them on the bike, I knew they were not for me.  So, how to return them to get my money back?

http://www.shippingsidekick.com/getrates.wml  I found this interesting shipping cost calculator and checked the results with the UPS, FedEx and USPS sites.  It turns out that FedEx Ground is consistently the cheapest.  This was also the method used to ship the item to me in the first place.  As far as I can tell, I can apparently print the label, pay for the shipping and arrange pickup from the FedEx website, without having to go anywhere and drop it off.  It will cost around $ 17 to ship a $ 110 item back.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Shipping cost comparison
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
Did you try calling them, maybe they offer some type of free shipping?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic