Author Topic: Yep, it was the evil "Assault Weapon" that made him do it.  (Read 2362 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ucf-ieds-classes-canceled-112840470.html

Why mention the "Assault Weapon" ?  Why not a mention of what books, movies, medications or other "stuff" that had nothing to do with the suicide or building the IED's.

Makes me want to scream !!!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dm1333

• friend
Re: Yep, it was the evil "Assault Weapon" that made him do it.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
I saw a clip of Rachel Maddow the other day, talking about the Sandy Hook shooter and how he got off 152 rounds in less than 5 minutes, and if he had to reload  with 10 round mags instead of 30's he would have had to reload 14 times, and would he have been able to get off that many rounds in 5 minutes?  Like that would have solved the problem. 

Whether he had to reload 5 times or 14 times the dude murdered his mother to get access to the guns and he was hell bent on killing a bunch of people.  It makes me sick when people focus on the gun and not the person pulling the trigger.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »
I saw a clip of Rachel Maddow the other day, talking about the Sandy Hook shooter and how he got off 152 rounds in less than 5 minutes, and if he had to reload  with 10 round mags instead of 30's he would have had to reload 14 times, and would he have been able to get off that many rounds in 5 minutes?  Like that would have solved the problem.  

Whether he had to reload 5 times or 14 times the dude murdered his mother to get access to the guns and he was hell bent on killing a bunch of people.  It makes me sick when people focus on the gun and not the person pulling the trigger.

Well, Cho, the guy who shot up Virginia tech, used 2 handguns and reloaded domething like 14 times (I forget the exact # at this point) and killed over thirty people.  
While I am against magazine capacity bans it would solve nothing to limit them to 10 rounds.  We trounced the Krauts in WW2 with main issue battle rifles that only held 8 rounds.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lupica-lanza-plotted-massacre-years-article-1.1291408

Breaking story.  Evidently the perp took obsession to a whole new level. 
“We were told (Lanza) had around 500 people on this sheet,” a law enforcement veteran told me Saturday night. “Names and the number of people killed and the weapons that were used, even the precise make and model of the weapons. It had to have taken years. It sounded like a doctoral thesis, that was the quality of the research.”
Looks to me like we need hi-cap spreadsheet control.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »
Haven't seen it confirmed but the Sandy Hook shooter according to one report was changing mags for every room.  If he was dumping half full mags a 30 or 15 or 10 round capacity doesn't make a difference.

The last report I saw from Florida on CNN.com this morning it had changed to a "tactical" .22.  I'm wondering if it was a 10/22 in a Tapco stock and they are walking back so they don't get chewed up in comments.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 07:58:25 PM »
It was one of those plastic GSG-5's...   ;/
I promise not to duck.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 08:04:50 PM »
It was one of those plastic GSG-5's...   ;/

The choice of Anti-Varmint Tactical Teams worldwide.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 08:05:08 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lupica-lanza-plotted-massacre-years-article-1.1291408

Breaking story.  Evidently the perp took obsession to a whole new level.  Looks to me like we need hi-cap spreadsheet control.

:mad:

what? Did he get a check from the brady bunch for every anti "assult weapon" statement made?

Delusional. They want to blame the guns because they can't handle that some people really are just nutbag sicko's.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »
did anyone else hear that the ied's were smoke bombs?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Rodensouth

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 02:34:52 AM »
The media keeps crying about 200 rounds of ammo. Since it was a little .22 rim fire I brought in two packs of CCI mini mags to work and dropped them on the table for my employees to see. They asked what those little boxes were, I said about half a range trip for me, or a stockpile of deadly tactical ammo if you believed the news. It was funny to see how shocked some were that it was the same ammo they had bought me for Christmas each year. We have "secret Santa" and I always put 2 boxes of mini mags available at Walmart on my wish tag that goes in the hat. One said "That isn't assault ammunition!"  I said, "Exactly, don't believe the propaganda."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 06:35:58 AM »
I saw a clip of Rachel Maddow the other day, talking about the Sandy Hook shooter and how he got off 152 rounds in less than 5 minutes, and if he had to reload  with 10 round mags instead of 30's he would have had to reload 14 times, and would he have been able to get off that many rounds in 5 minutes?  Like that would have solved the problem.

The Connecticut State Police have reported on multiple occasions that the Sandy Hook shooter had 30-round magazines but that he did not shoot any of them to empty. Apparently he typically did tactical reloads after about 15 rounds per magazine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
And supposedly the changing of partially spent mags is a gamer strategy.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »
And supposedly the changing of partially spent mags is a gamer strategy.

Ayup.

You typically have an X number of bullets, and just top of the mag by pushing the R button on your keyboard.  Magic elves keep stuffing the couple of actual magazines you have. 

I did like Band of Brothers: Road to Hill 30.  You reload your Garand and you lose the partial clip.  Been awhile since I played, but reloading a 1911 or M1 carbine would have you cycling through various partially filled mags if you had shot rounds from them already and did tactical reloads.  No ammo consolidation from one partial mag to another.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!