Author Topic: Ron Paul and the EBR  (Read 842 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Ron Paul and the EBR
« on: March 24, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »
Remind me again... how did so many self proclaimed "freedom loving people" manage to not support this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORt_k7LjGDg
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Stand_watie

• friend
Re: Ron Paul and the EBR
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
Because he wasn't polished enough at that age for American politics (of that era). That would be GHW Bush. Rand seems to be a lot better, let's hope his polish carries him farther than Ron.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:36:28 PM »
Because he wasn't polished enough at that age for American politics (of that era). That would be GHW Bush. Rand seems to be a lot better, let's hope his polish carries him farther than Ron.

Americans prefer a polished turd to a rough cut gem  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »
Remind me again... how did so many self proclaimed "freedom loving people" manage to not support this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORt_k7LjGDg

Because so-called "freedom loving people" weren't interested in electing a freedom loving person. They were interested in running the "electable" guy who turned out to be as crappy as the incumbent.

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »
Americans prefer a polished turd to a rough cut gem  :facepalm:

Yes, that would be a fair analysis. Thankfully we're not quite as bad about that as most of the rest of the "civilized" world. We're heading that way fast though. This last go round got us an extremely shiny, rough cut turd.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"