Author Topic: i envision heads exploding  (Read 1478 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: i envision heads exploding
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »
He's not his father.

The whole notion of a Federal misdemeanor or petty crime is laughable.

Federal laws should consist of a handful of major felonies, and that's it.

This idea of turning pot smoking into a federal slap on the wrist is ridiculous.  Shall we hire a bunch of federal parole officers to do post-conviction counseling and monitoring of a bunch of pot smokers?  Sheesh.

Not everything needs to be controlled, and those things that need controlling don't necessarily need it from the gorram federal level.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:48:11 AM »
rand paul not for legalization?

Better than most politicians in a lot of ways. But he's not necessarily a libertarian.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »
I  don't think this meant he opposes legalization in principle... he's just pushing this thing now.

That said:

Ain't incrementalism grand?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 12:06:44 PM »
Sounds to me the jist of his message is "I don't support MJ use... but it's silly to put people in jail for it."

This is a wrong position?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »
The correct position is it's a state issue.  MJ should be decriminalized at the federal level -- that doesn't mean it should be legal.  (I think it *should* be legal; at least for medical use, and "medical use" should be defined broadly)
"It's good, though..."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 12:18:14 PM »
Paul admitted legalization would encourage marijuana use, which he said has negative effects.

“I don’t want to encourage people to do it,” Paul said. “I think even marijuana is bad to do. I think it takes away your incentive to work and show up and do the things you should be doing. I don’t think it is a good idea. I don’t want to promote that, but I also don’t want to put people in jail who make a mistake. There are a lot of young people who do this and later on in their 20s. They grow up, get married and quit doing things like this, and I don’t want to put them in jail and ruin their lives.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/24/rand-paul-pushes-against-mandatory-minimums-but-not-legalization-for-marijuana/#ixzz2OZL1kUPl

the wookies are leaving the building
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
“I don’t want to encourage people to do it,” Paul said. “I think even marijuana is bad to do. I think it takes away your incentive to work and show up and do the things you should be doing. I don’t think it is a good idea. I don’t want to promote that, but I also don’t want to put people in jail who make a mistake. There are a lot of young people who do this and later on in their 20s. They grow up, get married and quit doing things like this, and I don’t want to put them in jail and ruin their lives.”

the wookies are leaving the building
Meh.  I'm pretty wookie and I agree with all of that particular quote.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
I disagree with the first part of the quote...I think people should do whatever they want, even or especially if it doesn't further the Great Society Core Value Matrix...but when it comes to politicians, I don't really care what they say or what they say their reasons are. I only care what they actually do. I interpret this quote as being essentially pro-drug and thus pro-freedom so I approve.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine