Author Topic: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  (Read 166669 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
http://news.yahoo.com/two-explosions-boston-marathon-finish-line-190259876--spt.html

Not a whole lot of information out there, I'm hearing reports of 20-30 casualties, no count on how many of those are dead or wounded yet.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pharmacology

• friends
Explosion at Boston Marathon :\
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
2 explosions @ Boston Marathon
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »
http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2013-04-15/boston-marathon-explosion-finish-line-photos-lockdown?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D298640

Two explosions, seconds apart, at the Boston Matrathon finish line.  Several injured, including at least one cop.  Details sketchy.

[tinfoil]It's gotta be the work of those old white guys bitterly clinging to their guns and Bibles [tinfoil]

stay safe.

Mods - go ahead and move it to politics if you must, but I'd like to see how long it can stay focused as a news story.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: 2 explosions @ Boston Marathon
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »
I have a friend whose wife is there running. He's ok, but he can't find his wife. Cell phones are useless right now.

Praying...
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
Merged three simultaneous threads.

Folks, glad you're attentive to world news, but take a look to see if somebody else is already posting the same topic before you commit...   ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
Ah beat you all for once.

I have a friend whose wife is there running. He's ok, but he can't find his wife. Cell phones are useless right now.

Praying...

Completely not a surprise that the cell networks are down. Hope he finds her soon and uninjured.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »
I just turned on the TV. Damn.
=(

Fitz, I hope your friends wife is okay.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 03:50:29 PM »
How horrible. =(
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 03:54:22 PM »
The competitor tracker showed her at midway through the course, so if the tracker is accurate she should be okay

I'll let you know
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »
Hoping she's OK.

Hearing now they've found a third bomb and are debating if it's safest to move, deactivate, or do a controlled explosion in place.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »
Also just saw on the news flash 2 dead 22 injured.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 04:10:45 PM »
Hoping she's OK.

Hearing now they've found a third bomb and are debating if it's safest to move, deactivate, or do a controlled explosion in place.

The news reported a third explosion and it was reported as a controlled explosion in a cleared area.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »
Hoping she's OK.

Current reports are devices that are unexploded. If so, there was significant planning for this attack. (Not that two devices with one timed to drive more people towards the second explosion does not involve planning.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 04:14:32 PM »
And note that it is April 15

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »
Tiff is safe

Multiple devices, coordinated effort... Whether the source is domestic or foreign, this is very bad.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »
No, but a third means that much more. And quite possibly more than one nut job.

Which on that note, is it wrong that I'm already hoping it's not some domestic whack job? Because something about tax day in Boston seems to be just a little to convenient FU and your excessive taxes gesture  =|

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 04:17:45 PM »
Tiff is safe

Multiple devices, coordinated effort... Whether the source is domestic or foreign, this is very bad.

Indeed. I will note that this is a common Al Queda tactic. (I.e. multiple devices, driving the crowd toward the bigger bomb.)

Not that other groups can't learn from those tactics, but it may suggest an Al Queda attack.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »
And note that it is April 15

Suggesting some sort of bitterclinger anarchopatriot is going to bomb marathon runners as a tax protest?

Doesn't further an agenda.  Other than deliberate New England style nannystatism.

An IRS building, Congress, FBI HQ, something like that makes sense for that sort of allegation.  Not a sporting event of international repute.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 04:20:45 PM »
Suggesting some sort of bitterclinger anarchopatriot is going to bomb marathon runners as a tax protest?

Doesn't further an agenda.  Other than deliberate New England style nannystatism.

An IRS building, Congress, FBI HQ, something like that makes sense for that sort of allegation.  Not a sporting event of international repute.
No. But people who set off pop shots aren't often the most rational folk.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »
Could be a spurned Kenyan lover/ex foe all we know right now. My question is how closely details of the investigation will be held a la Benghazi, Newtown, et al. to control the narrative going forward.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 04:22:54 PM »
I find it intresting. I've flipped through three diffrent channels (abc, cbs and nbc) and the reporters are being very careful about making absolute statements.

Which is a complete 360 from the last big news story that they broadcasted live.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »
Fox news now reporting TWO unexploded devices, not one.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »
I find it intresting. I've flipped through three diffrent channels (abc, cbs and nbc) and the reporters are being very careful about making absolute statements.

Which is a complete 360 from the last big news story that they broadcasted live.

That would be a 180 - but we know what you mean.

Or did the solar flare last night screw up geometry as well as the Northern Lights?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »
Best live feed coverage I can find http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_blog_Explosion_in_Copley_Square

Seemingly reliable reports of two more unexploded IED's, and ball bearings on the street near the explosions. The two we know of were near the medical aid tent. Suggestive of coordinated anti-personnel attack. I'm hoping the evacuation routes aren't mined.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.