Author Topic: Home warranty shopping  (Read 479 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Home warranty shopping
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:25:55 PM »
Buying a foreclosure in great shape that was built in 75 and am shopping for a home warranty. So many to choose from so I'm looking for suggestions. Anyone have any?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Home warranty shopping
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »
I had ServiceOne for the first 3 years I've been in my house.  Let it lapse in September of last year, making the decision that I was going to be proactively replacing the two things bugging me about my house right now:  The AC system and the old shingles on the roof.

I made a couple of claims against it.  One was a bad blower in an air handler.  Another was a hot slab plumbing leak.  Both worked out fine.  I paid my obligatory service fee for the blower motor.  The hot slab exceeded the allowed amount and I had to pay about $1000 or so out of pocket on a $2500 bill.

Kinda wish I kept it for one more year, but such is life.  Replacing the AC system next week.  All my appliances and water heaters are new.  I'll get the roof done this fall or next spring.

No complaints about ServiceOne.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!