Author Topic: Expensive Cab  (Read 1278 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Expensive Cab
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »
not an isolated case  sadly
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 08:08:52 PM »
Nothing new there, happens all the time, all over the country.

When I was on the Rez, we went to the tribal court and got an injunction against our worst offender so he could no longer use the ambulance unless it was life threatening. Not sure how that would hold up, but he quit calling, maybe he thought the EMS service was serious.

bob

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »
But, but, but... it's medicine!  Entitled!  Human Right!  Obamacare!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 08:11:54 PM »
Even where I am now, we will not turn away a patient when EMS calls, unless we are full and we think they should go downtown, but we make it clear that if we determine the ride to not be medically necessary, the patient will be responsible for the bill. It has saved a few of those trips to our place.

bob

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »
Oh man....   you do not want me to get started on this one......

Once I get home and get a couple fingers of rum on board (in order to keep my blood pressure safely in check) I might post some of the better stories on here....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 09:34:58 PM »
Some of the ambulance call I hear on the radio in this county ...  :facepalm:

"Lady not feeling well and needs to go to the hospital" etc etc etc
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »
I deal with the problem on a routine basis and it makes me want to chew nails.  The part that p*sses me off is the attitude of entitlement. 

<where's my likker>
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 07:03:12 PM »
Perfect example here:

from www.thelunatick.com/ems
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 09:59:07 PM »

I see what they did there.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »
Perfect example here:

from www.thelunatick.com/ems

Clicking on that link is like going back in time....to 1998.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth