Author Topic: Rifftrax Rock!  (Read 657 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Rifftrax Rock!
« on: August 02, 2006, 02:39:21 PM »
I learned on another forum that Mike Nelson, the head writer of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame, has started a site called "Rifftrax." He basically does the MST3K thing, and puts it to MP3. You buy the MP3 for $1.99, rent the movie it goes to, synch your MP3 player to the movie (instructions on the MP3, and are really easy) and start laughing. I just did it for the movie "Roadhouse". Not the exact experience as MST3K, as there's just Mike, but I was cracking up.

He just started and only has Rifftrax out for "Roadhouse" and "The Fifth Element", but I've already put "The Fifth Element" in my Netflix queue.

http://www.rifftrax.com
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Rifftrax Rock!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:03:59 PM »
MST3K, The Next Generation.  Excellent.

Is it just Mike, or do the robots also have something to say?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Rifftrax Rock!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:19:23 PM »
Just Mike and "disembodied voice" which acts both as Mike's straight man and by occasionally duplicating a characters lines, a check to ensure the Rifftrax and the movie are still in synch.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."