Author Topic: The most racist ad ever ?!?!?!  (Read 794 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
The most racist ad ever ?!?!?!
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
 The one-minute ad (the link is gone in most places but you can still see it by clicking here) shows a badly beaten blonde Caucasian woman approaching the line-up on crutches. A white male warden says, "We got 'em all lined up, nail the little sucker." The goat, in a raspy male voice bullies her with phrases, "keep your mouth shut, I'm going to do ya when I get out," "ya better not snitch on a playa'," and "snitches, get stitches, fool." The woman becomes hysterical and runs from the room. As the ad ends, you can hear her screaming off-screen.

The spot is one of a series featuring an intoxicated goat called Felicia created by Tyler, The Creator —  leader of the hip-hop collective One Future. Ironically, AdWeek called an earlier video in the series the "Best Ad Ever."

Here's the ad:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid899459040001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAEMe8RQ~,R8iUD_53FI-fFhu9OAo50DzmPhxRXuK4&bctid=2343646607001

And the story:

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/mountain-dew-under-fire-8220-most-racist-commercial-190800696.html

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The most racist ad ever ?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:46:13 PM »
I'm not sure about the racist angle, but I don't suppose it would go over very well at the local battered women's shelter.  =|

I didn't find it that funny. The woman looked seriously terrified. Not to mention beaten to a pulp.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:22:31 PM »
You've really gotta wonder about the folks who created/approved/filmed this spot. What's the mental process? "You know what'd be both hilarious and make people want to buy our product? Severe domestic violence, where the abuser was an animal!" I mean... who the hell thinks that's a good idea?

Edit: "Up next, watch Pedobear rape a little girl! Which will somehow make you want to drink Mountain Dew, or something." Effing morons. This is what what happen when you let /b/ folks make commercials.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:26:19 PM by Balog »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:35:30 PM »
Not to mention that goats would be offended.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin