Author Topic: Just Who IS she Sleeping With  (Read 1206 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Just Who IS she Sleeping With
« on: August 03, 2006, 04:28:44 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14159535/

Rumsfeld had said Wednesday he essentially was too busy to testify before the Senate Armed Services Committee and would instead attend a private briefing with the entire Senate on Thursday. He changed his mind after hours of criticism and pressure from Senate Democrats, including Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, who said the Pentagon chief should be accountable to the public by answering questions on the war.
She's gotta be doing somebody to get such special treatment from the media. I mean - it's not like Hillary is the only Senator criticizing Rumsfeld. BUT this article makes it out that if it wasn't for her in particular ole Rummy would have just blown the whole senate off and only done a private briefing for them.

Geeeeeeez! Freaking! Louise! Why is the media so in love with Hillary? What has she done besides do Slick Willy that deserves the royal treatment she seems to get all the time?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 05:16:15 AM »
lets see..

She is female, democrat and a sentator.  Which way does most of the media lean? Do the math.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 05:46:13 AM »
The devil as far as I'm concerned.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 08:58:55 AM »
Whoever he is, he has my sympathies.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 10:14:03 AM »
I can assure you it's not me. Shocked shocked
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 11:12:14 AM »
Well, the short answer is that she is the annointed and long-awaited First Female President and She Who Must Be Obeyed As She Will Save Us From the Evil Republican Neo-Con Theocrat War-mongers.  Why they're so engrossed with her instead of some other female liberal politican?  I don't know.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 11:45:04 AM »
No one.

The media gives free ones to those they love.  The gatekeepers love her.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 04:47:14 PM »
If she is, I do hope that the people he represents have the common sense to kick him out of office, for him not having common sense.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 06:35:18 PM »
I'm going to stick my neck out and try to answer seriously.

Camelot.

See, we may have kicked George III and other royals out, but we Americans have always been attracted to, and fascinated by, royalty.  Our lack of abuse and neglect at their hands for a couple of centuries has made us forget the bad.  And the very best royalty myth is the one about "Dynasty"-a royal family.  Look at the Kennedys-from Joe onward.  The Kennedys have been called "America's Royal Family".  Camelot-a story about a fated king and destiny.  I don't think the name was chosen casually.  

First, JFK was killed.  Then Robert.  The Hero of Chappaquiddick stumbles on, and still, with the aura of his family history around his shoulders, he has near-fanatical followers.  The following generation has managed to self-destruct and die in a spectacular fashion, as if cursed-which is another word for destiny, negative it may be.  But there are no more kings and queens coming out of that brood, not for a long time.  America needs a new royalty.

The Clintons.

Say what you want about Bubba, but he was magical.  Even when he was guilty as hell, he somehow came out on top-if not a Hero, then an Everyman.  It didn't hurt that those who sought to bring him down seemed to relish it so much (those awful Grinchy Republicans!)-not that American Political warfare has ever been about subtlety.  And the faithful Queen, who was clearly much, much better and stronger than her husband-the Leader of the Free World.  America had a new royal family in the making.  When Hillary ran for, and won, a Senate seat...

Camelot, 2.0.  The shining castle on the hill (even if to some of us it looks like a double-wide guarded by jackbooted police forces).

The fortunate thing is, even if the sharks of the media are left-wing, they are still sharks, and if they smell blood in the water they will attack.  And media waters are so thick with sharks, pirhanas, barricudas, and scavengers that you can walk across their backs without getting your feet wet.  And Hillary is no John Kennedy.  Or Jack Kennedy.  Or Bubba.  Hell, Not even Ted.  Muck doesn't just slide off her.  There are a lot of folks on the left who are ambivalent about Hil, in the same way a lot of people on the right had misgivings about Dubya in '04.  Despite all the press she'll face a very difficult battle to get the '08 nomination.

Unles it's Satan she's sleeping with, of course.  Wink
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 06:48:16 PM »
Quote from: Antibubba
The Hero of Chappaquiddick stumbles on, and still, with the aura of his family history around his shoulders, he has near-fanatical followers.
He does?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »
Quote from: fistful
Quote from: Antibubba
The Hero of Chappaquiddick stumbles on, and still, with the aura of his family history around his shoulders, he has near-fanatical followers.
He does?
Yes, sadly he does.  Somewhere, burried beneath this fact, lies one of the fatal flaws of our system.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 07:39:58 PM »
I hoped you could link me to a website, or tell me about some of the fanaticism.  Or does electing such a schmo time and time again count as fanaticism?  Perhaps it does.

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 11:52:12 PM »
She's a victim, who overcame. Underdog. Straight from lifetime. It's a story everyone knows.

And the media LOVES to tell it.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?